




I've been a wreck the past couple nights....a major wreck....watching my shows. I hate to give anything away for those that haven't watched Private Practice yet or Grey's Anatomy, but I have been emotional during and after watching. Both shows made me appreciate Ryker so much and feel so incredibly blessed. I love that kid more than anything, and it kills me to think about other innocent babies that will suffer and face challenges. Watching Private Practice I seriously was crying so hard I couldn't catch my breath...I could not imagine having your child for 9 months (the age Ryker is right now) and then finding out you've had the wrong baby all along and have to give the child back to the rightful mother. Crazy though....it makes me feel even more love for Ryker's birthmom who 9 months ago held and kissed and loved Ryker for a short time before placing him in my arms.... She is courageous...loving...strong...and seriously one of the most incredible people I have ever met in my life. I think of her everyday...especially watching Ryker as he plays or sleeps. The shows have helped me put into perspective once again what is important to me. It sometimes feels like I hardly get anything done around the house, but I'm totally fine with that. When my dad was a baby my grandma wrote a poem. I love it! So for all of you who come to my house and maybe find it in a bit of a mess, or maybe nothing is done at all...this poem says it all.
Time Wasted
The dishes piled in the sink
The dusting is not done.
I see the chores to do today
Are mounting one by one.
I started with the ironing
And then I saw you smile.
Baby, it was then I stopped
To play with you awhile.
While sweeping up the kitchen floor
You coaxed to walk then too
I gathered up the dust I had
And practiced baby steps with you.
Now the day has swiftly past.
Oh little boy of mine.
Folks see the work not done today
And they say, I've wasted time.
Time wasted? Oh my little one
When I tuck you into bed
And you look up to smile at me
It was time well spent instead!
Margaret Henderson
Written in the summer of 1950
After reading Tal's blog tonight I thought I should also share a list of things I'm greatful for...
1. Cody...who is so patient with me (especially when things have to be exactly my way!)
2. Ryker...I seriously love him so much and love how watching him makes me smile :)
3. Our families and all that they do to help us.
4. Our friends...I love my girlies and love our chats! What would I do without my girl-time? And it's so nice that Cody has his friends too who he can rely on to help us when needed and to bike with...the list could go on.
5. Our health. This is something I think I sometimes take for granted. After all we've been through with Cody's health...I am so so so thankful where we are now.
6. My home...it really is my favorite place to hang out.
7. Talents and Hobbies! Totally my time to relax and do something for myself.
The list could go on...and on.... But I think I'll stop there for tonight. It's late and I have a crazy day tomorrow.
Have a great Thanksgiving weekend to all you Canadians!!! Enjoy those turkey dinners! I'm totally looking forward to my tradition of having dinner with my sister (it's usually just the four of us since Brian works every year on Thanksgiving!) :) Can't wait!
Kim :)

8 comments:
Love the poem! I might have to swipe that for my mommy journal.
I bet knowing that your grandmother wrote it about your dad makes it even more special.
Hope you girls up in Canada have a nice Thanksgiving.
That was such a beautiful poem and so true! What an incredible treasure to have after all this time! I loved the bathroom shots and "bum" shots.... so dang cute. I also loved what you wrote about Ryker's birth mom... I hope you know she is lucky to have you too! I have 3 "bonus" kids and though their birth mother isn't really involved and has lot's of problems and makes bad choices... I am thankful that she brought the kids to life and that they are mine to enjoy now!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sheri
Those pictures are soo cute Kim! Love the cute little bum shots. And I am pretty sure your house is not a mess! You are always so put together... in every way. So yes, enjoy your time with Ryker! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!
Kim, what a beautiful post today! You had me in tears! Love those pictures of Ryker and that poem...wow, so much to think about! Thank you!
Wow - it was so precious to read your thoughts about your little guys - and the POEM! Sheesh, time for tears over here! I'm adopted myself, so it's so nice to hear someone speak of the courageous act of giving a child for adoption. It's really a tremendous sacrifice, especially this day and age, to carry a child to term, deliver him, then give him to a family who has loved him all along and will continue to love him. It's so amazing! Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Beautiful poem, and how special that it was written by your grandma.
Cute pictures of Ryker and beautiful gratitude list.
Love the nakey pictures, nothing cuter than a baby bum! That poem is priceless, thanks for sharing!
-Kaitlyn
Your little guy is the cutest. I know I say that every time you post pic's of him, but its TRUE!!
Post a Comment