Monday, November 19, 2007

That Hair...

The other day when Ryker woke up he looked like this....









The picture doesn't fully capture how crazy his hair was, but you could tell he had a great sleep! haha! We had a good laugh. Funny how his hair looks like it has a lot of red in it...I think the color is just off a bit in this pic.


Cody and I were in Vermillion yesterday for church. We got to do our first presentation with our assignments as "Agency Families Supporting Adoption Representatives"...long name. We basically got to share our adoption story which was really neat since we haven't really shared it with anyone other than our family and close friends. Of course Cody and I were both emotional trying to get through it...it brings back so many memories for us and emotions. We seriously think we had the best adoption experience ever.... We have a great birth mom who we love more than we can ever express...and just everything has felt so comfortable and right. So we had a great time out there. And it was nice that it was a smaller group of people...about 30... They had tons of snow though and we had driven my car which wasn't a lot of fun. I hate winter driving. Thankfully Cody had just put winter tires on my car a week ago!

Poor Ryker's been grumpy today cause I had to wake him up at 8:30 so I could go to my exercise class. He's been totally sleeping lately...and after a busy day at Auntie Karen's house playing with all the kids he was exhausted last night. So he's on nap #2 at the moment and hopefully by the time he wakes up daddy will be home! He gets so excited when Cody comes home. Cody used to stop by randomly during the day, but I had to tell him he couldn't do that anymore cause whenever he would leave again Ryker would be so sad.

I've been working on my Christmas Shopping! I'm almost half way done.... I gotta finish before December...then I can just enjoy the month and focus on Ryker's First Birthday and all the other family birthdays.


:)

4 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

Wow- thanks for sharing your experience!

I was adopted myself, and I can speak from experience how blessed I know I was to have a birth mother who was so selfless and willing to carry me for 9 months, and give me to my parents. I just can't fathom the enormity of that decision. SUCH a blessing - an eternal one!! I love hearing of families who had a positive adoption experience because hopefully others will be encouraged to do the same :)

Talia said...

i love his hair!! it's totally growing...he looks like a little surfer dude. i love little boys with crazy hair!

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie you have!! I am in love with his crazy hair!!

Kara said...

awww!! love the crazy baby hair.
i hear ya!! i love how kids (i have girls) are so in love with their daddies. kinda of brings you back to that feeling when you first fell in love! <3