Wednesday, January 09, 2008

time to make my resolutions...

for the goodie box challenge this month we are challenging you to make your resolutions for the year. s i've been thinking a lot about what i want to accomplish. there are really so many things i could choose and maybe i'll work on more throughout the year, but i really want to get organized this year. it's amazing how it not only effects you physically, but it also affects you emotionally and spiritually as well. i hate the clutter and mess of renovations, and we've been living in that for the past year...almost. finally this week i was able to get started!!! i've been working on my new scrapbook studio and i am LOVING it! it's slowly coming together, but it's been hard to really think about how i want things organized. any suggestions from anyone? and soon enough i'll get to start on the rest of the house. i plan on cleaning out and organizing ever cupboard, closet, and room...nothing is safe around here...haha! cody's actually the one that is good at getting rid of stuff so i'm sure he won't care what i give away, but i plan on simplifying everything. be watching, cause i might have some stuff to give away in the future...





and i just had to share this picture i took of ryker this week. we play together all day...i just love him!!!





:)

3 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

Congrats on getting bit by that organization bug! Getting your own little space organized will do so much for your mental health. LOL!

I think the most important thing(s)to organize are your photos and your paper. These things seems to be everywhere, and when they aren't in a designated spot, the entire space looks messy. There are tonnes of great storage options out there. I personally love using baskets to store things, and you can find inexpensive and fun baskets almost everywhere!

I'm sure you've already got that new book "The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker" by Wendy Smedley. I've never read it, but I've heard it's fabulous in inspirind it's readers with organizational tools and ideas. Hope you share some photos when it all comes together!

Nancyroo said...

your baby is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Im working on my room too and it can be over whelming. I organized my ribbon according to color, paper into company (somewhat), and letters, embellishments...etc. into groupings. You really have to do what works for you. I kind of organized around my table so everything is close at hand. You can see my pics so far, at www.kozeycolautti.blogspot.com It's a work in progress! Have a good weekend!

It was nice to meet Ryker in person, finally. Very sweet boy!