Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We're back!



There's always something I love about coming home....just love being home (even if it is cold!). Cody and I had a great time away, but we sure missed Ryker. As we were leaving Edmonton we both looked at each other and said we missed our little guy. Crazy how they just seem to grow up in the short week you're away...haha! He just seems so much bigger than I remember. It sounds like he had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa :)


It rained...and rained...and rained some more in Hawaii, but we managed to have fun anyway. We actually saw a few movies....I totally loved Juno... I cried through the whole thing...loved it! And we also saw 27 Dresses...it was cute. We managed to find things to do with our time.


It wasn't all fun though....


On Cody's birthday we hung out on Waikiki Beach and Cody rented a surf board. While he was out I hung out on the beach and a man nearly drowned. A couple in the water started yelling, but we couldn't understand them since they were from another country. Finally a worker at the surf place realized that something was wrong and someone went for the life guards. They hauled this man in on a surfboard...I've never seen anything like it. They were doing CPR on him and trying to revive him and finally when the life guards came the got the paddles out. The whole scene was horrible... a lady behind me was bawling and packed up and left...everyone wanted to stare at this poor man who nearly died...and one of the surf workers lost it on the onlookers...he was totally yelling at them for staring (which was bothering me too). When they first brought the man up on shore they were trying to find anyone who knew him, and then 2 people came and walked right up to him, but they just wanted to see what was going on??!! I couldn't believe how many people were doing that.... I tried to just stay in my little spot a couple of feet away until Cody came. We headed back to the hotel after that.... It totally scared me. I'm so not comfortable around water like that. Scary. Sure it can be fun, but you have to be so careful.


Other than that we had fun just relaxing. We managed to do a lot of shopping...there are more fun stores than I remember. And we ate at some great places...if you ever get the chance go to Ted's Bakery on the North Shore...so yummy...the desserts are soooo good. It's a little sketchy looking, but definitely yummy!





And it was fun to come home and see my magnets and layout on Club Heidi!!


And sooo nice to get home and back to a normal routine. Ryker was asleep when we walked in, but it was like Christmas for Cody and I waiting for him to wake up so we could see him. I seriously missed him....


Anyway, I have so much to catch up on this week... so many things to share, so check back soon and enjoy the week!


K :)

4 comments:

Talia said...

Glad you're home and glad you had fun!!
Scary beach story...glad he ended up being okay!

s a n s k u :) said...

Vacations are nice but it is always awesome to get back home and sleep in your own bed etc.

That drowning thing sounded nasty. It's amazing that the man survived though. I guess it wasn't his time to go.

I know what you mean about water. I get pretty nervous around it as well even though I love the beach life. I need to make sure that my feet can touch the bottom or I freak out a bit. The currents in Hawaii... You always hear stories about people being pulled out to the sea by the current. I don't know if I'd go swimming there. Probably wading would be enough for me. I'm a wimp, I admit it! :D

Itworksforbobbi said...

Wow - I've never been anywhere exotic (unless you include Regina - HA HA). I'm SO glad that fella was okay. I'm not sure WHAT I would be doing in that situation. I hope I wouldn't be the ones staring!

Checked out Club Heidi and LOVED your projects - they were my favorite ones of the bunch! You are so talented!

Ashley said...

Cute picture of you and Cody. How scary about the guy who almost drowned. I'm actually kind of scared of the ocean and like to stick to the beach myself. I'm glad you guys had fun. Congrats on your stuff being on Club Heidi. It's super cute!