Saturday, May 17, 2008

Baby Shower


Thursday night Chelsey and I had a baby shower for Charly...and it was so much fun! I love doing this kind of stuff. The pictures just don't do it justice though...it looked so cute. I wanted to share some of the fun decorations we did and the things we made. You would never believe that we were able to throw all of this together Thursday afternoon.... The shower started at 7:00 p.m. at Candice's house (it was easier having it there since most of her friends live near her) but Chels and I were totally running late and didn't even make it to Candice's house until after 6:30!!! Thankfully Cassandra was there and was able to help us. We totally had the place decorated and food out before the first guest arrived!!


(Candice with her girls! Talin didn't get to come to the party, but I feel so bad for him. He broke his leg last week and will be in a cast for 6 weeks! He got kicked playing soccer...he was even wearing shin pads!! Everyone said they could totally hear Talin's leg crack when it happened...poor guy! He's only 11!!!)


We hung this pom-pom from the light when you first walked in. It totally needs to be fluffed...oh well!


We bought roses from Costco and put them on the coffee table! (I love Costco flowers...so cheap and really cute!)


I made 3 of these flowers and we hung them from the front window! They turned out soooo cute!!! And they are soooo easy!


We made a little clothes line across Candice's fireplace and hung some gifts for her. Chelsey made these cute little bling soothers...and aren't those the cutest little joe shoes???


We strung ribbon and pictures of Charly (with a little chandelier crystal) from the end of these lanterns...that were only $1 at Micheals!


Tal had made cute little water bottles like this for Ryker's shower and I just loved them. So I made some for Charly!!



The food was sooo yummy!!! I ate way toooo much!!
But the center piece was the coolest thing! Chelsey took some tree branches and put them in plaster of paris in this vase (dyed pink of course! And even the branches were spray painted pink!). Then around it was styrofoam painted pink that the fruit kabobs stuck into. I had cut out some pictures of Charly and tied them onto the branches using tulle!!! (It's really hard to tell from this busy picture....but it really was super cute!)





And then I made a banner with Charly's name on it that hung across a mirror!!


And....


I just thought I'd share this card that I made! I just wish I had taken a picture of the present I wrapped. It was really cute wrapped in some pink and brown Martha wrapping paper and then tied with tulle!! I love wrapping presents!


And there you have it! Simple...but cute!!!



It's been so busy around here, but thankfully Cody will be home tomorrow night!


Kim :)

10 comments:

s a n s k u :) said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun ideas. Everything looks beautiful! I've always loved things hanging from branches. Cute stuff!

s a n s k u :) said...

Is that punch on the counter (the lantern picture). Looks interesting. Like it has some kind of foamy stuff on it. ?? I'd love to know what was in it.

Also, how do you get the edges of your card look worn? Do you just tear the card instead of cutting with scissors?

the goodie box girls said...

It looked amazing!!
Tal xo

Anne Thompson said...

Wow!!! All of this is amazing! I just threw a shower for my friend today, they are sooo much fun! Love all the photos! (found your blog off of Talia's!) Anne

Jamie said...

Very cute decorations! I am glad you girls had a fun time.

Kim said...

The punch is just sherbert and sprite! So easy...and it was really yummy! It foams on top all by itself. And I used an edge distresser on the edge of my card....definitely one of my favorite tools!!

Thanks for the nice comments! :)

Kristin.Fredriksen said...

Kim, You guys are so creative!! I love it! Ryker is getting so Big!
As always it has been way too long!

Itworksforbobbi said...

I grovel at your very talented feet! I love absolutely every.thing. SO cute.

Anonymous said...

holy crap do you know how to throw a shower. im coming to you for ideas when i need to throw one. so cute!

Kristi said...

and this was with very little time to decorate? Kim, you are amazing! gorgeous!