Friday, May 09, 2008

sick!

So Ryker's finally feeling better today after being sick for 2 days. It was so sad! He was so calm though whenever he'd get sick and just wanted to cuddle us. It's hard when they have no idea what's going on, but nothing some snuggles and laying around couldn't make better! We got no sleep whatsoever, so Cody stayed home yesterday with us and we all just lay in bed and did pretty much nothing. It's good to have days like that once in awhile though, right? (except for the sick part). The cutest thing though yesterday was when Ryker grabbed his blanket and grabbed Cody's hand and took him upstairs to watch t.v. and snuggle...he was a daddy's boy all day! So today we're hanging out once again and will probably just go for a little walk to get some fresh air. I think Ryker is ready to go outside...he grabbed my hand and took me to the door at 7:00 this morning. Umm...too early for me!



I was blog surfing the other day and reading some thoughts on Mother's and Mother's day...so many touching stories and feelings shared! It's hard to believe that this is my second Mother's day as a momma!!! I used to feel really uncomfortable on Mother's day when they'd pass out the little gift at church and the youth would always be like "but you don't have kids!" So I'm glad that they now just celebrate the women and make sure everyone feels included. I know what it feels like and I would hate to have anyone else feel that way.... There are so many great things about being a mom! I love that there is someone who needs me to look after them and take care of them...and I LOVE watching my little dude learn and grow! I love that he is starting to give us kisses and will actually snuggle once in awhile. I love sitting and reading with him and watching him choose which book we read and how many times we read it in a row. I love how he grabs two of my fingers and leads me to exactly what he wants. I love how happy he is to see me in the morning and how happy he is to go to bed at night. I love how he has a mind of his own, but always looks to see if I'm following him. I love how he always wants me to show him what I'm doing...I usually bring his high chair near when I make dinner cause he loves to watch (I should say..when I actually make dinner! hehe!). I love that he's my little shadow and that we can play together all day! I've loved every moment with him...and I can't even express to you how much it meant to hold him and see him for the very first time. It feels like yesterday that I looked into his eyes and looking back at me was my future. Something I had dreamed about my whole life! But also that same day I shared a special moment with another mother who we love so very very much. We think about her everyday and will be celebrating her this weekend too! We love you!

I should also just quickly say how much I love my own Mom and what a big help she is to me! We were supposed to do a dinner yesterday for the Relief Society at church...but with Ryker sick I couldn't help and my poor Mother did it all by herself! Thanks so much! We love you!!



And...


Just thought I would share something I love!





I made this at our scrapbook night last weekend!





Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Momma's out there!

K :)

6 comments:

Runaway Farm said...

Kim,
I just wanted to tell you how adorable that book is that you made. You inspired me to take some new photos of my 5 month old today. I am nowhere near the caliber of photographer you are (actually I'm pretty bad) and I just have a point and shoot camera. But I thought I don't have many photos of her naked and I tried to get some of her hands and feet. So I'm going to attempt to make a little book like yours. I wonder what brand of paper that was -- so cute -- maybe there's a girly version! Thanks for your inspiration and your little boy is so cute!
Mindy

Talia said...

I love that album, Kim!
Have a wonderful Mother's Day...you deserve it!
(so glad that Ryker's feeling better...sick kids are no fun!)

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is so beautiful!!!!! I mean the book, (but also the words about the way you feel about your son) just BEAUTIFUL!!! you are so very talented & I love your style.
Brenda
scrapinaddict@clearwire.net

Anonymous said...

This is sooo darn cute!! Did you make the album or just embellished it with patterned paper?? Can you make a tutorial?? I know its too much to ask but this would be a great idea for a gift.. I love the color combos that you used.. Soo inspiring.. Happy Mother's Day!!

<3 Bianca

s a n s k u :) said...

Reading and admiring as usual.

Anonymous said...

i love that album! puts me in the mood to scrapbook!