Monday, June 16, 2008

daddy's day!

Usually we're off to someone's house for dinner on these kinds of occasions, but yesterday since my parents were away we were able to just stay home and do our own thing.  It was really nice for a change!  We went to church in the morning and Ryker was such a handful during nursery...climbing on the the table during snack time and running around when were we supposed to be singing..haha!  And he colored a super cute picture for daddy (his was actually the most colorful...it's so cute!!).  We hurried home and had a nap...if only Ryker would sleep better, he was up way too quick.  Cody actually had to go to work since one of his workers called in sick...when he got home we had dinner and then we gave Cody this....

A skateboard!!!


Ryker LOVES it!!!  He pushes it all around the house and loves to ride on it.  Cody's never really had his own skateboard before and he wants to get into it a bit so that when Ryker's old enough they can go together.  So fun!

And then after all of that we went out to Miquelon Lake and walked around.  I haven't been there since I was really little.  It's only about a half hour from here and it has a huge beach with really nice sand and a huge playground.  We used to go boating out there all the time when I was young.  As soon as we got home from school we'd pack up and head out to the lake...so many good memories.  One time when we were there we put our burgers on the bar-b-que and went out on one more boat ride while they were cooking.  When we arrived back the birds had come and taken everything right off the grill.  As kids we thought it was soooo funny.  But I have to say that the lake is sooo much better than I remember it ever being.  We'll have to do a day trip there this summer when it's hot.  I have way too many plans for the summer...day trip wise.  I just want to keep busy doing fun things and hopefully the weather will cooperate.


Sooo we had a good day.  And now I'm off to do laundry.  I talked to my sister today who just got back from Paris....I so would love to go there.  I can't wait to see all her pictures!!


:)

1 comment:

Christal said...

Ryker looks so cute on the board!! They grow up so fast eh!!!
I'm so excited for the weather to be nice too we love going to the lake and doing all the fun things there is to do ! Today I set up a table outside and took the playdough out there so I didn't have to stress over the mess and they played with it for over 2 hours!! YEAH! I love things that keeps there attention {besides cartoons eh!}
I want to go to paris how lucky your sister is!!
Love the circle journal too !! Awesome ideas! So talented you are!!