Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Circle Journal

A couple of years ago I did a circle journal with the ladies from work, and I just loved it.  It was so fun to see everyones completed layouts and not to mention see everyone's books as they made their way to me.  So this month I started a circle journal with the the girls I scrapbook with once a month. 

And I just thought I'd share mine....






(I should have taken a picture of the inside of my sign-in pocket!)


Anyway....


I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's books and topics!  So fun!!!


For anyone that doesn't know what a circle journal is....here's what you do.  Each person participating creates an album that includes (doesn't have to include all of this...but mine always do) a title page, an instruction page, a sign-in page and then your layout about your topic.  You then pass your album around (you should only have one album at a time) and everyone else in the group creates a layout about your topic to put in your album.  Did that make sense?  Our  group will be exchanging albums every month, which gives you lots of time to create a layout and get it to the next person.  It really is a neat thing....



Ryker and I have been hanging out the past couple of days since it's been rainy and cloudy.  I've made a list of everything I want to try and accomplish in the next couple of weeks...and it's looking more like it will take months!  Thankfully Cody did some of the stuff, so I can already check a few things off.  It feels really good to do that even when it wasn't me that did the work..hehe!


I should probably be doing something on my list instead of being on the computer  :)



Hope you're having a great week!

8 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

THANK YOU for explaining how a circle journal works. I've always wondered. Unfortunately no one around here scrapbooks. I suppose I could start a postal one. LOL! Your journal is stunning. I just love the colors and the layout. Nice work!

Talia said...

I just did my page last night! i guess you won't be able to see it for quite a while, though! Oh, the suspense...hehe!

And your cupcake cake is still cute! (did i ever tell you the story of how i attempted to make payton a dora cake and ended up stabbing it multiple times? haha! i definately suck at baking...but it's still fun to try now and then!)

{amy k.} said...

I love the idea of the circle journal. What kind of topics do you pick?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful journal!! I would love to see it one day!! Just gorgeous! Love everything about it!
~Lindsay

s a n s k u :) said...

Fun idea! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! Very cute. Thanks for sharing. Btw, what company is your album for the circle journal from? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!! makes me want to scrapbook, if only i had any time.

Ashley said...

Your circle journal is so cute! Love it!