Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Leave it to the pros!


Okay, so there's a story behind this....


A few months ago I saw this really cute cake pan that makes a cupcake cake...and it was so cute I thought I needed one.  Now I am no baker or cook by any means....ummm...we're lucky if I actually make dinner around here...haha!  But for whatever reason I thought I needed this cake pan.  I was going to have to order it online since I hadn't seen them around here, but no big deal...and I especially started to get excited when I saw some people using the cake pan and showing pictures on their blogs.  Well I never did get around to ordering the pan, and then the other day I was at Home Sense (my favorite store!) and there was one!!  And it was half the price of the one I was going to order...so I was really excited to try this thing out.  Well, today I made my first cupcake cake....and I think I've decided that I'll leave it for someone who actually knows what they're doing.  For some reason Cakes and Brownies just aren't my thing.  They never turn out (I can even make brownies from a box and they don't work....).  So I thought I would share this lovely lopsided cupcake that we'll enjoy later :)



Haha!  I totally think it's hilar how funny this cake looks.  (Cody's totally going to make fun of it!!)

:)

8 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

Man, I wish I lived closer! I'd be all over that thing. Looks soooo yummy. I think the problem was the icing needed to be stiffer, that's all. Have you tried the Wilton Cake decorating icing recipe? Let me know if you want it!

Anonymous said...

E for effort. I think it still looks yummy! It is all how it tastes in the end, except when you are a crafter and like things that look beautiful. I hope you enjoyed eating it at least.

Renee

Nadine Karen said...

Hello Kim!
Regardless of it being lopsided- it looks delicious! I love making cakes for people- who doesn't love a good cake? I will be checking out Home Sense for sure- Did you go to the one in Sherwood Park?

Roslyn said...

Hi Kim,
I think your cake looks delicious too! The beauty of homemade stuff - whether it be crafts or food - is that it is all the more special for looking imperfect. I like to call it "perfectly imperfect". I think food tastes better that way anyway!

Runaway Farm said...

Kim,
I think it's super cute! I think I am doing a cupcake party for my little one's 1st birthday. I already want to do those cute little cakes on a stick thing you showed a while back and now I will be doing this as the main cake! You have great ideas and I enjoy reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

I like. It's pretty. I've found that if you cut those annoying humps that rise in the middle the cakes rest better on each other. (plus you get to eat them first!!)
sheri

Shelley said...

Cute. My roommate bought that pan and made me one for my birthday. Hers was WAY worse than yours. Don't give up. It's cute.

Ashley said...

It has character. Still looks yummy to me!