
On our way down we drove through Banff and down to Shuswap...that is the ultimate summer spot for me. It brings back so many memories of my summers as a little girl. Every year we would spend a week or two there either staying in a cabin that you can only get to by boat, on a houseboat or at my parent's time share....so fun. We'd always invite another family or cousins to come with us and there were always other families we knew there. One year everyone got the flu and I think it was the same year that my parents got lost on the water at night trying to get back to the cabin. They had gone to town to go for dinner for their anniversary and left me and my sister with a couple of our friends at the cabin. It got late and we all fell asleep and left the laterns on...dangerous.... They got done dinner later than they thought and started back to the cabin except that they ran out of gas and couldn't see anything. Apparently the started yelling for help and someone on the shore heard them and brought them gas. Once they were on their way they couldn't tell what direction to go but they could see a light on the mountain in the distance. They decided that they would try to make it to the light and then when it was morning they would find their way back to the cabin. They soon discovered that it was our cabin that was all lit up on the mountain! Such good memories....



I want Ryker to have good memories of the summer...and doing fun things as a family. So we've been talking about trying to plan another little trip...see what getting away can do??? Makes you think you need more holidays...haha!


It was good to see Vic and Blyn again...it had been awhile and we had never been to their place since they moved. We even went for dinner with them to this really yummy place that's in an old house. It was really neat. And we got to enjoy one of Blyn's yummy Sunday dinners. We always used to go there on Sundays, and I have to say it's one thing I've really missed...going there and hanging out. When Cody and I got married they had 3 kids...and now they have 6. They were all so nice to Ryker and made sure he had something to play with and shared their treats with him. It makes me so happy when I see that. :)

(Here's the youngest 3 girls!)Originally we thought we'd come home on Tuesday, but we decided that we would just go all the way on Monday. Yesterday was quite uneventful, but so nice to just be back home and do nothing. Cody went biking all day, so I got to have a quiet day with Ryker. We spent most of the day outside which was so nice. I am just loving being outside every moment we can. I want to sit down and plan some summer stuff that I want to do. I have so many ideas...and so little time.
And so summer begins.... :)
And so summer begins.... :)

2 comments:
Love all the pics! Glad you had a great time! Summer is so short it seems we have to treasure all of the sunshine and hot weather we can get! I can totally relate, BC and the shushwaps hold alot of holiday memories for me. Honestly it just does not seem like an authentic summer without travelling down to the Okanagan! So great there!
Oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun. You can tell that Ryker looooves to be outside. So cute!! Fun pictures!
xo
Post a Comment