Saturday, September 27, 2008

time to myself.

Ryker's in bed and Cody went to a movie with some friends...so I finally have some time to myself to post.  Life has been busy, but I admit that I'm missing updating my blog.  My blog is totally my journal, especially when I don't seem to find the time to write in my real journal all the time.  It's just a different view of our lives...and a fun place to share whatever I feel like.  So hopefully I can be better at posting.


It's photography season again...I have been taking lots of pictures lately and I can't wait to share some here.  I did a shoot with some friends of ours last week and I just love them.  Their daughter is completely adorable and is seriously the cutest thing.  She picked up her pictures today and I can't wait to hear how she liked them.  Now I'm onto the next shoot and have so many pictures to edit and go through.  My camera is being a little weird though...for example...I took some pictures for Tal's sister yesterday and my camera read that I took about 300 pictures (you gotta take lots, especially when you're taking pictures of little kids right?) but when I downloaded them there were over 500!!!  Is that a little crazy??!!  Okay, gotta figure that one out.  But my life is seriously revolving around pictures right now.  I totally needed it though to get my creativity going again.


Every month I try and get together with some friends and scrapbook.  I usually like to work on a mini album or whatever just cause I find it hard to do layouts when I don't know what I want to use.  With mini albums I can pack a bunch of color co-ordinated stuff up and that's that.  I don't have to think too hard.  But we are also doing a circle journal together.  This was the first layout I did on music.  It was fun for me to think about the role music has played in my life and what it means to me now.  And wow did it bring back so many memories.  I had a hard time picking just one song, but I think I picked one that really effected my life and one I absolutely love.




We weren't supposed to use any pictures on our layout.  I'm so out of the layout mode.  That's something I need to get back to.


Ryker is getting funnier and funnier.  When we go to bed at night we always talk about the funny things he did that day and let me tell you...there are some funny things.  I always say how much he loves to sing, but the cutest song that he loves right now is...okay I can't think of the name but it goes "In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight..." umm...okay now that I wrote that I think it's called 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight.'  But he sings right along to it and is the funniest thing.  He also is our little destructive boy and loves to break anything he can.  And then we have the climbing out of bed problem.  Still not sure if moving him to a big boy bed is the answer, but we gotta figure that one out.  We've lowered his bed and he still climbs out...well more like he climbs over the bar and then hangs there.  It's really cute.  Luckily though he only does it when we're around, but I'm afraid that it won't be long before I wake up with a little boy staring me in the face.  He's so much fun though.  I want every stage to just last forever.


So many things are going on around here that I've been thinking about....I can't wait to share a bunch of stuff, so hopefully next week between photo shoots and family stuff I'll have time to share.


And just a reminder that you only have one more day to submit for the goodie box...



Kim :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute page you made for the circle journal. I have always wanted to participate in one of those. Fun!

I hear you about the photo shoot stuff. I am actually sitting at my computer editing pictures right now...taking a break to read your blog. The editing is the time consuming part. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Andi said...

It sure doesn't seem like you are out of the layout mode...I love what you have done here! Such a pretty CJ entry! :)