I tried earlier today to share some stuff, but of course I couldn't upload my pictures...gotta love that! I'm still here, just things have been busy. I so wish they would slow down a bit, but we're getting to that time of year when there's so much to do and so much going on to get ready for Christmas.
Last week was super busy with class stuff (as I had mentioned before) and it's been nice having that all done. Just nice to not worry about those things and just being able to do other things. Tal and I taught a class at The Urban Scrapbook and it went really good and was a lot of fun. There was lots of yummy food and it was just a nice class. The ladies were great and I think almost everyone went home with a finished project! You can see the album we taught here.
I made this little flower bouquet for a friend last week (I'm hoping she got them cause there was no answer when I dropped them off and it snowed that night). I bought a bunch (too many) of flower making kits at Paper Source when we were in San Francisco and thought I would attempt to make them. It was harder than I thought it would be, but I also didn't follow all the directions....oops!! But they still turned out cute.



And yes I know Halloween is over, but I made this mini album for Ryker and didn't have the chance to share it yet. I ordered a 5x7 album from Shutterfly and then embellished it with fun stuff. I'm missing my camera (it's still getting fixed...it's been a month already) cause my little camera just doesn't focus the same and I'm not used to it. Here are a couple of pages....




I just added some paper, stickers, stamps, tags, buttons, flowers, bling and journaling. I kept this one really simple cause I just wanted the album to have the pictures already in it and then I could embellish it however, but you can do so much on shutterfly....very fun stuff!!
I'm really starting to miss my scrapbooking time, but I just don't have the energy right now. Partly because my room is such a mess and I wouldn't know where to start, but it's time to clean up and get back in there. I can't even remember the last time I did a layout....so sad! haha!! Maybe I can attempt it while Cody's away this week. He's headed to the Grey Cup....it seems like he's just been on holidays all month.
And I just wanted to tell Christal how much I enjoyed reading her "Me Thinks Monday" thoughts (she also has a really cool recipe that I want to try with Ryker). I can totally relate to everything that she wrote....I know I keep talking about adoption this month, but it's been on my mind since it's National Adoption Month. Reading her thoughts just brought back so many feelings and memories that I've tried to forget we went through. It was definitely a time in my life when I struggled the most and had so many questions, but looking back at the trials we faced I would never trade them. They have really shaped who I am now and have brought me so many greater blessings. From it I truly gained a testimony of My Heavenly Father's Plan for me. Without a doubt I know that He knows me personally and that He loves me and watches out for me. 8 1/2 years ago when we were married I had no idea what was ahead or instore for us, but I can say that I would go through those long years again....the hurt, the pain, the sadness, the waiting, the tears...all of it, if I knew that I would end up where I am today.
Kim :)
p.s. It's amazing when you talk about adoption how many people know someone or have been directly involved in it...it makes me soooo happy to share our positive experience with it....it's really an amazing thing.

6 comments:
Your minibook is so cute!! I love the stuff you do, its always so creative! We love you!
Oh Kim, I get a little teary every time you mention your experience with adoption! So happy for you and your sweet family!
Love the Shutterfly album...what a great idea! :)
Beautiful projects, beautiful album, beautiful story....BEAUTIFUL person you are!
Thank you for sharing some remarkable words!:)
I love your album! I have so many halloween pictures that are just waiting to be played with.
I love hearing about your adoption experiance...like we said on the weekend...who would've ever thought that things would turn out the way they have???
xo
Your 8 and a half years made me reflect on our 8 and a half years. So much that I never thought we'd go through (and are still going through). But there are blessing through it all and will be forever.
oh kim thanks but what you just wrote too is like amen its funny cause it seems like we write what we feel then we read somebody else's feelings and its like an addition to all the other feelings. Love this post what we have gone through are going through and will go through has shaped us into who we are and maybe its just what we needed to be us cause I know I would change it any other way or I wouldn't have the children I do!!
Anyway thank YOU.
Love all the craftyness to you are seriously talented love your blog!! ttys
Post a Comment