Thursday, December 04, 2008

one tree decorated and undecorated...

Yes, we put up a tree this year.  Last year I refused to put a tree up cause we were finishing the basement and there was just a mess everywhere.  This year was different though now that Ryker is getting bigger and I really wanted to make it as Christmasy as possible.  So Sunday night we put our tree up and Ryker thought it was great!  He helped put all the ornaments on and is now helping to take them all off.  Whenever he takes them off he says "NO" and stomps his foot...haha!!  You can see in the picture that the ornaments are slowly getting higher and higher...


Now they are mostly at the top except for a few that he can play with.  I'm just waiting for him not to care and then I'll move them down again.


As for other stuff...


this week has been full of bleeding noses (that's a whole other story) and throw up...gross!!!  Everyday is a new mess for me to clean up, but I'm managing.  I feel so bad for Ryker though, so we've been taking it easy.  He surprised us last night and went to bed great without a bottle, but I'm sure feeling sick and being tired helped a bit too.  This boy loves his bottle...and I know I've talked about getting rid of it, but I just can't bear to do that to him.  He's still my baby (even if he is turning 2 on Tuesday!!!)...I can't get over that one.  


Everything I wanted to get done this week hasn't happened...so it goes.  Luckily I'm almost done my Christmas shopping...just a few more things and I'll be good.  And next week we're having our baking day.  Last year my sister, my mom and I did a baking day where we each picked three things we wanted to make and we each made everthing.  You had to bring your own mixer, pans and ingredients and then we just got to it and baked all day.  It was really fun and was a great way to stock the freezer with Christmas treats for the month.  We didn't realize how much work it was going to be last year, so we cut it down to 4 items total this year.  I think it will go so much better.  The only problem I have is that I end up eating stuff all month....


I think nap time is coming early today, so I should run and get stuff done.  It feels like I'm always saying that..."I should really get something done..."  But I'm starting to feel the craziness of the month.  


Kim :)

6 comments:

Christal said...

oh kim I feel for you this past week with the throw up and all yuck eh!! I just don't do well with bodily fluids! Good thing I wasn't a nurse eh! Poor kid though hope he is better soon!!

I love your tree how beauiful~! I had the same star but can't seen to find it this year since we moved so a good excuse to buy a big metal one for the tree! ha ha! Well sounds like your almost ready for christmas lucky you!
Funny story I was talking to somebody who lived in edmonton a y.a and she was telling me how they had a presentation awhile ago and this cute girl with a cute baby boy came and told there story I was like was it kim and there baby ryker how random eh and it actually was it was pretty funny!
Hope the rest of your week is good!

Christal said...

ps I love your banner I wish I was scapppy crafty like you! How do you make one? I want one for my blog! ttys

Lindsay Bateman said...

Hope all is getting better over there! Your tree is beautiful and I love your wall collage of photos. Looks amazing!

Talia said...

love your tree...i'm constantly telling the girls "not to touch the decorations"...i've given up!

nichole said...

Love the words on the tree! Beautiful. Hope you Ryker feels better.

Anonymous said...

hey kim. tal just told me a secret...ah-ma-zing!!
-niki