Wednesday, March 11, 2009

my little project.


I've had this photo album for awhile now and knew I wanted to make it into some sort of album...and finally this past week I've been able to get to work on something.  I wanted a place to record my pregnancy and really what an easier way to do it than by using a photo album that holds 4x6 photos!!!  (this one is from Walmart)


There is tons of room to add as many pictures of my growing belly as I like...and journaling where I want to...or quotes....anything about my pregnancy...lots of space :)


I've used lots of fun stuff from House of 3...the bird cage brush kit, the aged edges tool kit, and the negatives frame kit...(don't you just love all that stuff???)






I printed the bird cages onto transparency, cut them out and glued them on top of the plastic pages.  I think those birds are one of my favorites right now.  I also used them on some of the journaling pages I created.  I wanted to keep it simple so I could just add a bit of journaling whether it's an update on how I'm feeling...my pregnancy stats from my last Dr's appt...or just something funny that happened or something about the baby...the topics are endless.


And of course the journaling pages wouldn't be complete without some distressing and inking.  For some reason I just can't complete a page without distressing it a bit.


I've added in some pics already of the first moment I found out I was actually pregnant, a few of the ultrasound pics (I have another one that I'm not ready to pull off the fridge yet, but I love that I can add it in wherever it needs to go...and the pics aren't glued down so I can take them out as needed!), a pic of the actual pregnancy tests, and then the classic pics of my growing tummy (not as cute as Tal's prego tummy pics!  So cute!!).


Did you see Ali's album that she made??  I completely love it!!  It's really simple, but a great way to record all these precious moments.  I just don't want to forget this time in my life.  I know...how could I forget, but it's all the little details I don't want to forget, like the way Ryker comes up to me and puts his ear to my tummy or how he'll put his hand on my tummy to feel the baby...I love the sweet little moments with him :) ...completely melts my heart.  And really I don't want to forget the hard times either...pregnancy is definitely not as easy as I seemed to think it would be.  I knew many people that had a hard time through their pregnancies, but really people don't talk about all the little things that you just never knew about.  I guess it's because in the end you get this beautiful baby and quickly all those difficult things were worth the pain and suffering...and the memory of them is gone until you have to go through it again....


There are a million other things I'm trying to work on right now.  Hopefully I'll have something else to share soon.  Feels good to be doing something I love.

K :)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I love your little book! Perfect! The cover is so pretty!

Sarah said...

Wow, Kim!! I just LOVE that pregnancy album, it's such a great idea.

I've never met you, but I am SO HAPPY for you & your family! What an amazing time for you all.

Lyndi said...

Kim I love your album you did up, you are so creative, I love your take on scrapbooking, it's so unique.

Andrea said...

That's a great idea because you do forget and each pregnancy is different and gets mixed up. Wish I had done that.
And I always had a stuffy nose too. Hated that! It's so nice to breathe after

nichole said...

I was telling a pregnancy story last night to a friend, but was so embarressed because I couldn't remember which one of my 3 darlings it had been. That is such a great idea for a little book.

Lindsay Bateman said...

This album IS BEAUTIFUL!! I love it and I am so thrilled for you guys. What a blessing! You did an incredible job on this album, I love it!

chanel said...

your album is gorgeous, great idea - you will cherish it forever!
hope you are feeling well
luv chanel

niki said...

super cute album kim! and loving the new bloggy header!!