Wednesday, April 29, 2009

9 years!

It's hard to believe that 9 years ago we were getting married.... Looking back I think I was too young...barely 20!! When I look at our wedding pictures it hardly even looks like us. Okay maybe it still looks like us, but it's just a younger, skinnier version of us. We had a great night out...dinner at a new place a friend recommended...sooo yummy!! I hadn't told Cody about my plans though, so he came home with all this stuff to make me dinner. So sweet. We saved his stuff for tonight and headed out for a night away. Once you have kids you take any opportunity to actually "go out." Ryker just doesn't do well at restaurants and it's sometimes hard just to find time for the two of us to go out together. So tonight we have another yummy dinner planned (I think I'll do the cooking...haha!! But thanks Cody for being so thoughtful!). If you know Cody then you know he doesn't cook. He has 2 things that he'll make and I don't like either of them. I just need to remember that it's the thought that counts :)


I'm off to an ultrasound today! I can't wait to see how much this baby has grown since my last one! My doctor is a little concerned about the growth of the baby, but I'm sure everything is fine. I'm not too worried about it. And I've been doing my kick counting every night (another thing my doc has me doing) and it's been good, so I just look at this as an excuse to see the baby again :)


It's been hard finding time to get on the computer lately. Just so much going on. I'm trying really hard to get things done around here...which feels slow, but it's coming. We're still in transition with the rooms...they're coming together, but we're still waiting on Ryker's bed. Right now we've borrowed a bed from my sister until his arrives. I can't wait until it comes...it's sooooo cute!! We have just under 8 weeks to get stuff done (before my due date!), but it will get done. All our weekends are booked up in May so it worries me a bit, but it will get done.


Hopefully I'll have something to share soon!


K :)

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

have you ever scrapbooked your wedding? it would be neat to see a picture!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!
I was one of those crazy 18 year old brides. eek! But when it's right, it's right :)

I can't wait to see the rooms when they're finished. If it makes you feel any better, we moved 10 days before my due date. So I wasn't too upset that I was a week overdue! haha

Christal said...

Happy Anniversary!! Our's is on saturday crazy how fast time goes by! Sounds like you got a nice night away!

Lindsay Bateman said...

Happy Anniversary Kim!:)
Have fun celebrating all that has come and gone as well as all of the wonderful things that the future holds for you and your family!
xo

Christie said...

Yay happy anniversary! Thats so fun! Cody is so sweet! Josh and Mine's anniversary was on sunday, and we went to a baseball game on monday so celebrate. Hehe it was fun.
I'm so excited to see your new little boy! He has so many people who are so excited to see him!! Love you guys!

nichole said...

I never realized I was a year younger than you. I was a blushing bride of barely 19 and we are coming on our 9 year this summer too. I still remember that we both lived in the same apartment building right after we got married. Good luck getting everything together in time. The time at least goes faster when you are trying to get stuff done.