Here are some of the things I've been stocking up on, collecting, enjoying, discovered, looking forward to....
1. I found these diapers and am excited to try them. I'm a huggies girl. For some reason with Ryker they were the only diapers that didn't leak. I've heard lots of good things about cloth diapers, but Cody's not too thrilled with the idea. For now we're going to do disposable diapers....

2. Stocked up on my favorite baby line of lotion, soap, diaper cream, baby oil, and sunscreen!! Ryker had such sensitive skin (still does) and this was one line that I could use no problem. Love it!!

3. Cute soothers...Ryker never took one, but this baby might be different so I should have a few on hand!

4. New and Old books...got this one while in Arizona and Ryker is already loving it! We collect so many books around here so I've been trying to go through and see what we really need...and where they're all going....

5. Cody bought the baby the cutest vans when he was in Vegas! I can't wait for him to wear them...I just can't resist little baby shoes :)
I find it funny that I'm more nervous for this baby to arrive than I was with Ryker. I think it's the fact that I will actually be going through the delivery myself that freaks me out a bit. And thinking about the recovery.... It will be a completely different experience. I'm super excited...just realizing how much needs to be done and ready before this little guy comes. We've had a really rough weekend...for some reason my all day sickness is back full force...Saturday night was really bad. Thankfully I have the sweetest hubby who took good care of me. Sunday I stayed in bed all day which was really nice...again thanks to my hubby for his help. I'm so thankful that he is so involved with Ryker and can do anything I can do for him...what a great daddy :)
Enough complaining though from me....
K :)
p.s. Thanks for all the cleaning suggestions! I'm working through the list...but still have some felt marks :) They are fading though!

17 comments:
lip chap, your own jammies and some slippers. Good luck with the labour- you'll do great! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby!!
My biggest complaint about the hospital is that it is soooo dry....bring lots of good chap stick, lotion (I even needed nasal spray but I was there a few extra days)
I love those baby Vans!
I totally agree about the chapstick!!!! I also threw up lots during labor so gum or mouthwash is nice to have on hand, just in case.
Your due date must be coming up soon- how exciting!!
Labour is what it is, but soooo worth it. I had epidurals and have absolutely no regrets about that choice!! Everyone is different.
Compared to the yucky preggo stuff, you'll manage well with a baby and a toddler. The only drawback is the lack of sleep! But we should have nice weather and Ryker will be old enough to play while you put your feet up!! Don't feel guilty is my advice for you. :-)
I took a picture of my oldest (23 months at the time) to the hospital. I really missed him...it was the longest I had been apart from him. Crazy, I know!
Lip stuff is a must, of course don't forget a little bit of make up and lip gloss for those post birth photos! Oh and hospitals here only had some crappy liquid soap in the bath and shower (all in one, shampoo, body wash) so lame. Bring your travel stuff from home.
Your own jammie pants and a nursing tank are nice to have too. The bra thing was horrible in the hospital and for sleeping in. The "girls" will be big and sore. Definitely your own girly robe. Not some thing that a man in the cardiac unit wore the day before!
I didn't have any of that stuff for my first birth experience because my daughter arrived 6 weeks early and unexpectedly and I was in the ICU for a few days. But my second, I was all about looking good for photos (since they'll be in a scrapbook).
Best wishes to you!
Hi Kim! Just wanted to say hey! So sorry to hear that your not feeling the best, however if it's any consolation, sickness while pregnant has been linked to excellent cognitive development in babies (saw a study...) so hang in there!!! Excited to see you next weekend for Heidi! Going to be great.:)
lip chap, music, an evian mister (it felt sooo good when jessica sprayed my face during labor ;)) TRAVEL BOGGLE!!! hehehe
Steve brought me snacks- we didn't think to have those ready before hand, but really all they have at the hospital is stupid sandwiches and little cups of water, so I'd take a huge jug of that too... I brought my own pillow- they tell you to do that but some people don't, it was much needed- don't worry I didn't use it when I was in labor, just after, it smelled like home... Chapstick for sure... slippers... Nursing tank tops- they are constantly putting the babe on your boob after, which is great, except when parents/dads and father in laws show up and your basically topless and freezing... I could really go on forever, but I won't cuz it makes me remember how much I hate the hospital!!!
I just bought those diapers. I have always bought Pampers and was never a fan of Huggies but I LOVE these. They're a little pricier but they're great! For some reason, when something doesn't work for my baby, if I switch to organic, problem solved. (example-Similac organic formula made her FINALLY stop spitting up so much and The Huggies got rid of her awful diaper rash)
The one thing I would recommend is extra batteries for your camera just in case your husband decides to do something stupid like wasting the rest of your batteries on pictures of a turtle on the way to the hospital. Thank goodness for camera phones.
Hey Kim! I am sorry to hear you are not feeling good!
I totally agree with slippers, and snacks. We didn't really think about snacks, and after having cohen, I was starving!!!
Good luck! Love you!
Hi:
I have been following your blog for a while now. The only thing I forgot and really needed was breast pads. It was a nightmare the day after I had my twins. Good luck
Hi Kim,
I was excited to find your blog on Sheri's list - I hope you don't mind me taking a peek! I hope labor and delivery go awesome for you. If you are breastfeeding all I can say is LANSINOH CREAM! It really does help! Snacks are another great thing to have on hand - hospital food sucks!! Take care and good luck!
Shauna
right on with the nursing pads and the Lansinoh Cream! Your girls are going to be in pain my friend! It's great stuff!
totally agree with the pj's thing. i forgot mine and didn't have comfy clothes. also, i didn't bring maternity clothes. weird, crazy me thought i'd go home in regular clothes. (I seriously didn't know you still looked 5 months prego after giving birth!) plus, shampoo and conditioner and mouse or a blowdryer. i hate sitting in wet hair, especially with all the visitors, so you will shower, so maybe bring a blowdryer. snacks.....a MUST!
good luck
My favorite thing after a baby is my shower. I sit in that little sitz bath for the longest time. Greg brought some of my body spray that I love, and sprayed it into the shower area. It smelled heavenly. I also bought one little travel size of shampoo and conditioner that is usually super expensive that I would never normally get and I use that. It makes me feel so rejuvenated after giving birth to have my own little spa in the hospital!
We went to a ward today in Calgary and I bumped into your sister Chelsie. I told her I've been able to see pictures of her cute kids through your blog! I love technology.
Kim, I'm so excited you're almost there. You'll have to let me know what you needed and didn't need at the hospital. I'm sorry your all day sickness came back, mine just did, well i went off the meds and now it's back! Let me know if you've found a cure! good luck with everything!
Post a Comment