Friday, May 29, 2009

Stitches

We had such an eventful night last night.



Photobucket


Cody takes Ryker swimming with my brother in law once in awhile...so last night they met at the pool.  Cody had finished changing Ryker and was helping to get my 1 year old niece ready.  Ryker was playing beside them in the change room when he slipped and fell...hit his head and cut it open pretty badly.  Cody grabbed him and someone ran and got a life guard to come check it out.  Ryker was crying a lot and wouldn't let anyone look at his head, so Cody quickly grabbed his stuff and came to pick me up so we could go to the doctor.  I always manage to stay pretty calm, but let me tell you it makes me so sick to think of Ryker hurt.  So sad.  Cody was so upset, but accidents happen.

Ryker had calmed down quite a bit and his head wasn't bleeding too bad anymore that we could tell.  When we got to the doctors a lady that had been waiting for awhile gave us her spot in the waiting line so Ryker could get in sooner...and then they got him back right away.  (some people are sooo nice!)  Ryker did not want the doctor touching him.  Cody had to hold him down so the doctor could cut the back of his hair!!!  Yes...I know...his hair!!  You can't really tell though cause his top hair covers his head still.  While the doctor cut his hair and gave him freezing in his head I was trying to calm down Ryker and he just kept saying "hi mom mom!"  Oh my poor little guy.

Then it was time for the stitches.  He had to lay on the bed on his stomach while I pretty much layed on top of him so he wouldn't move his hands and legs...Cody had to hold his head down and the doctor worked quickly to stitch him up.  Again this kid is way too cute cause he was singing "twinkle twinkle little star" and crying while the doctor worked.  Even the doctor thought he was so cute!

He got an orange sucker and 2 stitches!


Poor little dude.  He'll be babied all weekend :)


Kim

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little guy. :( The Twinkle, twinkle is pretty cute. ;)

Itworksforbobbi said...

Oh, I feel for ya! It's so heart wrenching when the little ones get seriously hurt (and I count stitches as serious!)

Sounds like he was a brave little guy. And YOU were brave, too! Now you can add this to your list of Mommy experiences.

Anonymous said...

Oh my... sorry to hear he had to go through this at such a young age! I hope he enjoys all the spoils! It will be deserved!

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear about that- poor little man! Hopefully it will heal soon.

Amber Zimmerman said...

Aw. . .what a tough little guy! It's a good thing kiddos are so resilient! They bounce back in no time. =)

Hilorie said...

Poor little guy! He is so tough!! Give him a big kiss and hug for us!! Love you!

Sheri said...

Poor Ryker and poor Cody too (I swear Daddy's feel the worst when their baby gets hurt).
I hope he is doing much better now.

nichole said...

I had stiched when I was probably around 18 months. I was right below my dad, pulling on his pant leg while he was doing dishes. He accidentally dropped a dish, which broke as it fell and gashed open my lip when it hit me. The whole way to the doctor I cheerfully sang, "Doc-ter" "Doc-ter", and on the way home I sobbed, "Doc-ter," "Doc-ter!"

Luckily I don't recall the incident at all and have no lasting ill feelings towards doctors. Hopefully Ryker will have the same.