Sunday, June 07, 2009

We'll have food to eat...



My sister came over Friday and we spent the day cooking!!  Yup...we made a bunch of freezer meals that were super easy...and looked so yummy!  It was one of the things on my "to do" list.  The kids played, my Mom brought lunch over and played with the kiddies too, we cooked and prepped and got lots done!

  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Steak Kabobs
  • Meatballs
  • Baked Beans
  • Italian Chicken in Cream Sauce
  • Pasta Sauce

We wanted to make things that we could do lots with.  The idea is to make meal times easier once the baby is here.  As it is I can hardly cook lately, so Cody will be happy to have things to heat up...super simple.  I also did a few more this past week when I made dinner I'd make an extra for the freezer.  So to add to the list we have Chicken Cord En Blue, Turkey Dressing Casserole, and Alfredo Sauce.


There should be no complaining from Cody that there's nothing to eat....


:)

6 comments:

erin said...

That's what I did Kim and I was so happy I did!! It must be any day for you now... good luck and all the best from the Shaw's!

jessica said...

what book/recipe did you use? I have always wanted to do that, just never got around to it!

Kim said...

my sister had looked up recipes online, but we also just used recipes that we like...family favs.

Itworksforbobbi said...

I love doing this, we've done it as a group so we could buy bulk EVERYTHING and save a lot of money in the process.

I'd love the chicken recipe, though!

Hilorie said...

Great idea Kim! I might have to call you for your recipies :)

Lindsay Bateman said...

That's awesome! Your list made me hungry!:)