Monday, October 05, 2009

I can never return.

Okay....



so maybe I can.



It was just one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. Hearing the story in person is better, but since that would take forever I'll just do my best to share the embarrassment here...haha!!


Last week the boys and I made a little trip to Dollarama to check out the halloween stuff. The carts are small and have a big tall pole attached to them (in case you've never been...gotta set the scene) and I was told by a worker that they are on the cart so you can't take the cart out of the store. Anyway.... Ryker was sitting in the cart and I had Maguire in his carseat in the basket of the cart (which took up the whole thing). We were walking down the isle with all the halloween stuff and there was a mother with her teenage kids sitting on the floor taking up most of the room. So I was walking along the edge of the isle and the next thing I knew I heard "ping...ping...ping...." only to look over and see that Maguire's car seat was knocking down ALL the glass items on the shelf. Amazingly nothing broke!! But everyone was looking at me...and one of the teenage girls quickly came and helped me pick everything up.


hahaha...it gets better!


We kept walking around...although after that I should have just been done. We walked down another isle where a worker was sitting on the floor organizing product. I once again was trying to wheel my cart around her and thought I was doing a pretty good job. She was trying to move in so I could get by and eventually we made it safely around her...or so I thought. The next thing I know she gasps really loud...Ryker starts saying "Mom!!! Mom!!!" I looked up just in time for this HUGE box to fall on my head. Now this box was HUGE...I can't think of anything I could compare it to...but for anyone who has been to my house we're talking like just smaller than my kitchen table huge. When I was edging my way around the worker the pole on my cart managed to slide a box off the top shelf. The worker kept asking if I was okay...and Ryker was quite concerned too. I was fine though...so embarrassed, but okay. It couldn't have gotten worse than that. Everyone was looking once again...and somehow it was the same people who saw the first incident (or so it seemed).


I'm sure they were just as happy for me to leave as I was...haha!


I haven't been that embarrassed in a long time....


hahahaha!!!

8 comments:

Jess said...

(Sigh) I'm sorry. I can't think of anything else to say because I know how it feels to be so embarrassed you could crawl under the covers and stay there for the rest of your life. Was the box heavy?

shelleyjanae said...

oh my. How scary. I hate the aisles at Dollarama. They are WAY too narrow and there are always people or boxes in the way.

Glad you made it out alive.

Itworksforbobbi said...

I don't think that's anything to be embarrassed about. I think it's the STORE that should be embarrassed. I agree with Shelleyjanae - Dollarama ALWAYS has boxes in the aisles. They need to change that. Glad you and the kiddos are okay!

Sheri said...

You crack me up Kim! I have totally been there trying to balance a car seat and contain a child in the carts there.....we took out a bunch of the party supplies hanging on the wall :)

nichole said...

Oh, I've missed my visits to Kim's blog. I don't feel like I was gone that long, but I come back and you've got so many great posts. I was so happy to see the one of Jane, and with a BABY!!!! Does she have a blog? Great story from Dollarama. I think the store cheers every time I leave with my 3.

Kristi said...

I love dollarama- but those carts drive me crazy. I am so glad you can laugh about it. it does sound funny. - did you find any good halloween stuff at least?

Talia said...

okay, what is with dollarama? i told you about what happened when i was there with gabby and she tipped our cart over and i caught kherington just in the nick of time...aarrgghh! embarrasing and scary!
okay, your story totally had me laughing...that place is ALWAYS a disaster!!

Christal said...

great post kim you totally made me laugh only cause I think we have all been there! Love the new banner too!! Hope your doing great!