Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween!


This year I became that crazy mom who made halloween costumes...baked halloween treats...made halloween decorations and crafts...threw a halloween party...and added about 20 other things to the occasion.



We started Friday with a halloween party with some of our friends!

Photobucket
We had so much fun!! Ryker especially loved having everyone over...even if he wouldn't stay in his halloween costume. Haha!! I got him all dressed and by the time he walked out of our bedroom and down the stairs he had everything off. We ate yummy food, read a halloween story, visited, the kiddies played, the babies rolled around on the floor, and the older kids made little halloween crafts. I found later that Ryker had taken his glue stick and followed the lines of the floor in the kitchen...what a sticky mess!!! haha!!

Photobucket

more decorations....


Photobucket

I found this cute halloween card and thought it would make a cute decoration instead. I just added a few little embellishments!



Then on Saturday...
Photobucket

we wore cute halloween shirts!


delivered halloween treats...

Photobucket

carved pumpkins...


Photobucket

and enjoyed fun halloween food! I made "boo shakes" to go with our lunch. And for supper we had our traditional dinner in a pumpkin!




While the weather was still decent (a little on the cold side) we went down the street and took a couple of pictures of the boys in their costumes!




Maguire...was an owl! (thanks Shelda for making his costume!!)


Photobucket


And Ryker was Harry Potter!!


Photobucket


Photobucket


We ended the night by trick or treating and handing out candy!!



The best part was the big hug Ryker gave me before he went to bed :)

7 comments:

Christie said...

You are the most creative person i know!! So much fun! Your halloween sounds like it was a blast! They boys' costumes are absolutely adorable!!! Look at you go!!!

Sarah said...

WOW you are most definitely super-mom to do all of that! I love your boys' costumes!! :)

Talia said...

Okay, the boys are costumes are stinkin' adorable. I LOVE THEM!!!
you are the perfect mama. your party was so cute and the decorations were amazing...maybe next year i will be organised and get my decorations out!!

The Heavenor's said...

Woa, super mom! Thats what your costume should be! Everything looked adorable, and Ryker was a perfect Harry Potter! I love it!

nichole said...

Every year, I always think, "I should really do a Halloween Party. It would be really fun. Maybe next year." I'm not sure when that "next year" is going to get here, but you sure know how to put one one! Love all the decor. I was wondering if you had even painted your one wall just for the occasion.

Scott and Tara said...

Harry Potter is adorable! I love everything you did for halloween! I cant wait to celebrate holidays with my kids! Your a great inspiration!

Lindsay Bateman said...

I just LOVED reading this post Kim. Honestly, how FUN are you? Everything looked amazing, and you truly inspired me. Also, your boys costumes are unreal. So cute and Ryker was truly the perfect Harry Potter!:)
xo