Sunday, January 24, 2010

30 Meals

Photobucket

My free time has been spent getting my 30 meals organized.  When I'm working on a new project it can really take over my life...haha!!  I shared my calendar last week, and now here are my recipe cards for our 30 meals.  I still need to laminate them and this is probably only half of the cards, but it's coming.  I kept it really simple and just added a few little cute things.  I found this kit to be perfect for making my recipe cards, but really there are all kinds out there....there's even this kit that would work perfectly for planning your meals for the week and making your grocery list...or these recipe cards....  I attached them with a ring so that I could pull out the recipes I'll use every week...and for easy storage (it can hang either on the inside of the pantry door or on the inside door where I keep my recipe books).  I went through ALL my cookbooks and pulled out some of our favorite recipes and even got rid of some of my cookbooks that only had one or two recipes we like.  I figure that there are so many resources on the web now that I can always search out a recipe from one of my favorite recipe sites.

This is a great gluten free recipe site ... or this one...and this is good too...there's lots.

Now I need to start trying some new recipes to add to our 30 meals.  I realized last night that what I had planned to make wasn't going to happen since I didn't buy what I need in this last grocery shopping trip, but since the recipe cards were all made up it was easy to pick something else out that I already had the items for.

see...obsessed!!  haha!!


Photobucket


Photobucket

This can be my January monthly project and then February I gotta get started on the other goals...haha!!



I realized recently that our Hawaii trip is coming up fast...and that means I have a lot to do.  We went and got a new stroller this weekend since I haven't been able to take the boys anywhere without going somewhere with a cart... pretty sad.  I just knew that I had to have something that both boys would be able to be buckled in (Ryker doesn't really like to stay with me if we're in the store so he still needs to be buckled up!) but I also wanted something that could be for just one.  Before Maguire was born I looked at this stroller and fell in love and I had heard so many good things about it, but we never actually bought anything.  With Ryker we bought a Graco stroller that I absolutely hated (it was the kind that only had 3 wheels and it was sooo hard to push).  Like I said it was hard to move around since the front wheel didn't swivel and it was so bulky...I just hated using it and really didn't.  So we bought a Phil & Teds stroller and it's been the best "new toy" around here.  Ryker loves playing on it and has me push him around...it's been great!  I just need to get checking things off the list of "stuff to get done before we leave" and topping the list is birthdays.  There's quite a few this week in our family...and extended family.



Always so much to do.  :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

your book of recipe cards is adorable!! I need to start doing some meal planning. most days I decide what we;re going to eat at about 5pm- not good! ;)

Lindsay Bateman said...

LOVE your album, looks adorable!
:)