Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hawaii

Photobucket


Where do I even begin....


Photobucket

It's hard to believe that last week at this time I was enjoying beautiful summer weather...reading by the pool...I had spent the day shopping...ate the best sushi...walked along the strip...was wearing shorts...just enjoying life.


I love traveling and spending time with my little family.  And really this trip was perfect.  We just had such a great time together and the boys just absolutely loved it!!!  Ryker became the best little swimmer.  He's always loved swimming, but he started completely swimming on his own here.  He would jump off the edge of the pool and just go.  He was so proud of himself.  And then little Maguire loved the sand.  It was his first real encounter with it, and he enjoyed each mouthful (yuck!).  We had to keep a soother in his mouth...haha.  Both these boys just had so much fun...and they especially loved spending time with their cousins.  Talin was a huge help and kept Ryker and Maguire happy.  He was great entertainment!  And one of our favorite moments each day was the little knock on our door from Charly.  As soon as Ryker heard her he'd be off to open the door for Charly and they'd give each other a big hug.  I think he's missing her a lot...hehe!!  They just love each other so much!


Photobucket


Okay...

so the breakdown of our days went something like this.


Wake up
Breakfast on the Beach (The hotel had a continental breakfast and you'd have these coolers that you could fill up with yogurt, cereal, muffins, croissants, donuts, fruit...and then you could eat by the pool...but we would head back upstairs to feed the kids!  It was great cause we always had extras for snacks for the kids.)
Beach Time
Lunch
Back to the hotel for naps and relaxation
Pool Time
Supper
Bedtime (the boys usually played Monopoly or whatever else)


And then we also fit in some shopping, walks, and yummy food...Oh the Mac and Cheese from Yardhouse....yum!!!


Photobucket


We rented the dirtiest cars you can ever imagine...it was gross, but we had a fun time.  We went to the north shore and watched the 40 ft waves...we went to the beach in Kailua...and then we also went to a new beach for us...Ewa Beach.  It's so beautiful there.  Anywhere you go on the island is just beautiful.


Photobucket


Candice and I took the kids to the Zoo one day and saw the best monkey show.  They were so funny to watch.  It's actually a really fun Zoo with lots to see.  I was quite impressed...and Ryker loved it too.


Photobucket


One of the highlights for Ryker was the trolley ride.  He loved it!  One morning we had to make a trip to Wal-mart for formula for Maguire.  There was a cute couple from Australia waiting with us for the trolley and they just fell in love with Ryker.  They helped him on the trolley, sat by us and chatted with us the whole time.  They even gave Ryker a dollar to buy a little treat.  He thought it was the greatest thing.  And they were just so sweet.  He spent his dollar on a ride at the mall...he was quite thrilled!


Photobucket


Candice and Brian were married in Hawaii, so on one of our drives they took us to the beach where they were married.  It's just beautiful!!  And provided the best photo spot.  Ryker was the perfect little model for me...hehe!!  My little camera took some pretty good pictures!!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I especially love these ones....

Photobucket


Photobucket


Isn't he just the cutest little thing??!!!  I can't handle it.


Photobucket


Photobucket

And then this little guy....

Photobucket

I just love that little smile.



There's just too much to share...sooo many great memories and fun times.  I still remember family holidays from when I was a little girl and they are some of my most special memories.  This is one of those holidays for me.  It will always bring a smile to me when I think about different moments from the trip...or look at different pictures that were captured.


I wasn't ready to come home....



But here I am.


K :)

8 comments:

Sheri said...

That seriously looks like an amazing trip!!! Gorgeous pictures. I can hardly get over how fast your boys are growing!

Kamry Low said...

Your trip looked like so much fun! and the photos are amazing! You're so great at taking them! Your boys are super cute as well!

Sharon said...

cute Kim! It was great to talk with you today, glad you had a good time, too bad we didn't run into you.

Lindsay Bateman said...

wow kim! your pictures are amazing!!! they actually bring back alot of memories for me, as matt and i were lucky enough to travel to oahu for 10 days back in 2005...it was so amazing!! and we LOVED the north shore...soooo cool. Were you able to visit Haliewa? Your photos are beautiful, your boys truly adorable! glad you are all home safe and sound...can't wait to see how you decide to scrapbook your photos!

Talia said...

one word.

jealousy.

i come wif you next time? haha!! love all the pics, and the first one of you and maquire is the cutest! i know i say this all the time, but he just looks exactly like cody!!

Christal said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! Your boys are getting big and are so cute!! love all the pics I want to go someday!!!

nichole said...

Amazing! Glad it was a great time.

The Heavenor's said...

Man your boys are so stinken cute!I can't believe how old both are, and what a beautiful vacation!