Monday, April 05, 2010

Shopping...shopping...shopping...and something yummy!!

I have a new little goal for myself.


I've decided that there's no possible way that everything  I make in the kitchen is going to be perfect and good...so I'm picking a few things that I'm going to try and perfect.  Now this first thing might seem a bit strange...and maybe even impossible, but everytime I see a picture of a Macaroon I think to myself "I want to try making those...they look sooo yummy!!"  A little confession though...I don't think I've ever actually had one.  I know my mom never made them...and I've never gotten one at a bakery...and I've never been to France...so the only reason I want to try them is because they look so pretty!  Ridiculous I know...haha!!  The other night I started reading a bit about them as I was doing a recipe search because of course any of my recipe books don't have something like this, and they were sounding really hard to make.  Like really really hard.  Which of course didn't stop me from trying...haha!  So tonight I finally attempted my first Macaroon.  I read many many tips and different pieces of advice before I started, but I have to say they turned out pretty good for my first time.



(No...this is not a picture of the ones I made.  They didn't turn out nearly as perfect as these!!)



I can't wait to try again.  I should really write down some of the things that I think I should do differently next time so I don't forget.  The ones I made were a little more meringue-y.  I think I whipped the egg whites a little too long...hmm...not sure.  But they did taste yummy!


I'm getting ready to head to Utah this week.  One of my cousins is getting married and I just couldn't miss it.  We're leaving the kiddies with Cody's sister and making a weekend of it.  I can't wait!!  I've been making a list of places to shop...Target...Trendy Tots...Dear Lizzy....

Any other places I should check out???

My cousin has given me a list of places to go, but I love hearing stores that people love.  I want to go to places I don't normally get to go to.  I'm shopping for anything...so feel free to share your favorites!!


We've been working on a project around here today so I'll be shopping for that...and when it's done I'll share.  It's making me happy!!


Okay off to finish something else.  Too many things on my mind right now.  haha!!


K :)

2 comments:

Talia said...

Oh, I didn't know you weren't bringing the kids! Enjoy your weekend off!!
xo

nichole said...

I have to admit I have never ever tasted a macaroon either. Perhaps I will have to try that one some time. I just made Baklava (it was my first time ever experiencing it). Oh My... Goodness. The review said that one piece is enough for one. But I have to admit that I had many more than one!