I still can't believe that a year ago I was seeing this sweet little face for the first time (you can read more here about his arrival!). Where has the time gone??? In a way it feels like he is older...I think it's cause he's been walking and running around forever and I just can't imagine our lives without him. But...he's still my cute little baby. How long can I call these boys my babies? Cause Ryker is still my little baby....haha!!
We celebrated Maguire's first birthday with my family in an afternoon outdoor pool party! We had to do things a little backwards and do the cake first. The kids just wanted to be in the pool and playing. And really we didn't mind cause we were able to enjoy the sun...eat...and chat!! Everything turned out perfect. Just how I hoped it would.
The Cake...there's a story.
I had plans for the cake. I'm not a cake decorator...even my cupcakes can look funny...but I wanted a cute cake or something for his first birthday. I need my sister closer so she could make me cakes when I need them. She made Ryker's first birthday cake and it was sooooo cute. So when I was picking up macroons for the party at a little bakery downtown I saw this cute little cake and decided we would go this route. It was way easier.... (actually a little side note...I ended up at two different bakeries looking for macroons and had bought a bunch of different little cakes thinking we could cut them up and share them. It was at the second bakery that I found the macroons and a couple more little cakes that were super yummy and cute! It was actually perfect.)
Look how big he is now...
However...
he didn't quite enjoy it. He didn't want to even touch it. Ryker was just waiting to dig in though...haha! So I quickly snapped a couple of pictures before we let him run off and play. I just wish I would have had a couple of more seconds to check my camera settings...but Maguire was crying and he is the birthday boy, right? When you're done you're done.
Now to share a little bit of the decorations.
I spent many hours last week making this fabric banner. It turned out really cute....
I made these flags that I stuck in the ground along the flower garden. There were a bunch of other colors too, but there's already a million pictures...
these are super easy to make though...they measure 6x12 and then I just added a few embellishments to them. simple.
I glittered some letters...pictures of the birthday boy...
I decorated some cutie water little water bottles. And I had picked up these cute plates and napkins at Target when I was there in April.
sorry the spacing is going a little wonky... and I can't seem to fix it.
I made some Avocado and cucumber sushi...which was soooo yummy.
Macroons...need I say more...
And the presents. One of the gifts I wrapped got a rip, so I added to it. I think I managed to cover it up okay. haha!!
It was perfect. The kids had fun. And we all crashed after.
Happy Birthday little dude!! We love you!!
xoxox

7 comments:
I love every part of it! I wish that we could have been there!
p.s I just left you a comment and realized that anonymous really means anonymous! It was me!
Chelsey
Can't believe he's 1!!!! I thought there was a bigger gap between him and talia . The party looks great you're such a good mom!
What a fabulous looking party and wow did you ever luck out with the perfect weather after all that rain! Maguire is beyond cute in those pics.
Those macaroons look pretty tempting too (I don't think I have ever had one). Do you have a favorite bakery to get them from?
Happy Birthday Maguire!!! (Time flies way too quickly)
adorable photos! love the decor, looks like so much fun. I just *heart* that fabric banner...so sweet. Thanks for the inspiration!
:)
awesome decorations kim, it looks like it should be a party in a magazine!
Every detail looked absolutely perfect!
xo
Post a Comment