Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Project #1

The start of a project around here always seems to lead to about 10 other projects...but I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes.  hehe!  I finally finished project #1 last night and I love love love how they turned out!


the before....

Photobucket

(so I realized as I was searching for the before picture that I didn't take one...ugh...so here is a messy pic of the kitchen before!  Focus in on the stools...hehe!!)



And then after some sanding...painting...glazing...and varathane....


Photobucket

Photobucket


a few close ups...


Photobucket

Photobucket


Don't you love them??!!


They turned out just how I wanted!



The next project is a little bigger than this, but I think I'll love it when it's all done.


And I was so thankful that the painting was finished yesterday and we could move our furniture back into the house.  It's been 2 months without furniture on the main floor...besides the kitchen table which we moved in after the first month.  My poor husband would tell you that I was going crazy with the mess.  There are still a few things to do, but it's coming.  And I just seem to be able to function a bit better when the mess isn't everywhere.  So floors, baseboards, and painting are done...a few other things to accomplish and I'll be ready to show you the whole thing!


K :)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I LOVE them!!! The glaze turned out so beautiful. And hello......are those new gorgeous wood floors that they are sitting on?!?! Can't wait to see the whole makeover. I bet your hutch is going to add just the perfect pop of color too.

Ashley said...

So cute! Nice job!

nichole said...

Looks great! Love all the previous posts with your awesome photography!