This was the best $75 dollars I spent!!!
I found this little beauty as I was driving down my sister's street....
For some reason I can't find all the before pictures I had taken.... These were taken after it was somewhat taken apart and I had started taking the hardware off. You get the idea though what it looked like before...it could have been cute with some small changes, but that just wasn't good enough for me. haha!! Instead I spent the past 3 months sanding...priming...painting...distressing...and searching for parts.... Even though this was a bigger project than I thought it would be I LOVE how it turned out. Love it!!
Just see for yourself....
First though a picture in mid project.
I moved it into the house once I was done painting. From here I bought handles for the drawers that I decided didn't work and so I continued the search for exactly what I wanted. This included changing the finish of the hardware...but I'm sooooo happy with the final choices!
The after...(I still need to decorate inside the glass doors so it looks all pretty!)
You can see all the fun I had distressing and antiquing...my one piece of advice would be to not do this at night. I was having soooo much fun and loving what I was doing, but decided in daylight that it just didn't look as good as it did at midnight!! haha!! Seriously. I touched up a few spots, but I am also the type of person that loves things rough and distressed. The more the better (in some cases!).
The perfect hardware :) I just wish there were a few more choices in the handle department here. I love the eclectic feel that all their handles and knobs have. The other problem I had is that they sell out sooooo fast. I had gone back a couple of times with different choices...was thinking of just ordering online...and then the last time I went they had 3 left of the handles I chose so I went with it. If I had been smarter I would have filled the doors before I painted and then I could have picked if I wanted knobs on the doors or drawers or whatever. The choices wouldn't have been soooo hard...or maybe they would have been harder because then there just would have been more choices...ugh oh! I guess I'm glad with how things worked out.
And one last look at the finished hutch.
Isn't it super fun???!!
And now that it's complete I'm working on the finishing touches of the kitchen. For those of you who have been to my house...notice the orange wall is gone. Amazing what color can do in a space.
K :)
And p.s. Thanks mom for convincing me that I needed to do this...I really do love it!!
And now that it's complete I'm working on the finishing touches of the kitchen. For those of you who have been to my house...notice the orange wall is gone. Amazing what color can do in a space.
K :)
And p.s. Thanks mom for convincing me that I needed to do this...I really do love it!!

6 comments:
SOoooo CrEatiVe!!!! I love the owl inside.
It turned out super cute, Kim! And it was great to see you and your kids on Sunday too- I can't believe how big Ryker is in real life! Ahh!I'm sure the last time I saw him in person was when he was just brand spankin' new!
awesome transformation Kim! I've love to try something like that someday.
I had to come back and take another look........LOVE it!
I can't wait to see pics of the whole kitchen.
Love it! You did a fantastic job! Is that an Owl cookie jar I see inside? Angie xo {I met you during your days at US Store...miss seeing you there!}
I love this its amazing!! You are just so talented! That recipe sounds good to in the above! Looks like a great magazine too!
Ps totally laughed at your comment on my blog about don't worry be happy we used to sing that to be annoying to anybody who was grumpy or mad at our house it stills makes me smile even though it was annoying but it always brough a smile funny the things that bring back a memory eh!! Hope all is good! ttys
Post a Comment