Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Mickey Mouse!

It's not that I don't have a million things I could be sharing right now...I'm just having a hard time figuring out what to say.  The days are busy and packed (even when we are just staying home...which means cleaning), but there doesn't seem to be any down time lately.  My hubby would argue that I do manage to visit "facebook" almost daily, but it's easy.  I don't have to sit and think about what I want to say.  I can just read...haha!!  I don't know if anyone else is feeling this way, but I need some blogging motivation  or something.  help!


Friday Ryker went to a birthday party for his cousin Cohen and absolutely loved it!!  My cousin did an amazing job planning out and creating the cutest "Mickey Mouse" themed party.  It started with a greeting to the club house and then each child was given their own mickey ears.  They each got to color their own puppet and glue on feathers and pom-poms...Ryker turns out to be a glue hog and covered (really I mean covered...) his puppet in pom-poms.  He's very controlled with the glue and dabs on just a little at a time, but he's got it down pat.  Glue in one hand...pom-poms in the other.  perfect!  haha!  After craft time they played "pin the ear on Mickey" which was a big hit!  And then we headed outside with "pluto!"  The plan was to go in the field and play "pluto says" (my cousin made cute dog ears on a headband and pretended to be pluto), but once the kids were out the door they were happy to run around and do "the hot dog dance!"  She did manage to get the game in before the pinatas were brought out...another huge hit!!  I couldn't believe how good all the kids were being (we're talking 8... 3-5 year olds....and mostly boys...).  All the kids sat quietly and waited their turn...it was amazing!!  Once the candy was out Ryker did his typical grab one candy and eat it before finding another one to eat.  It was a mad dash for most of the kids to grab as much candy as they could, but Ryker has always been happy with one!  It's pretty funny cause it seems so out of character for his busy personality...haha!!  After, all the kids came in the house for supper...which of course was "hotdogs!"  And then we had the cutest Mickey Mouse cake...and presents.  I think this was the best part to watch...kids were just opening presents everywhere...whichever one they brought.  And Cohen was just as happy as could be!!!  It was a great party!!  Since I stayed at the party I offered to take pictures so my cousin didn't have to worry too much about it (I did it once for Tal and I decided it was the best thing to do.  Pictures often get forgotten so it's nice to have someone in charge...especially when you have so many other things on your mind!).

Photobucket

This was Ryker enjoying his treat from the pinata!  He had asked me all week if he could eat some of Cohen's birthday cake...he thought about it all week.  Even in the middle of the night.  So he was very happy to get a piece of the "4" that Hilorie had written on Mickey's face.  It made his day.  haha!!


Now all he can talk about is his birthday...which is still months away.  I just can't believe he'll be 4!!!  That seems crazy.  How is it even possible??!!


K :)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

That sounds like the cutest party! Thanks for sharing; I just might have to steal that idea one day down the road. Birthday parties are just too much fun.
I love that picture of Ryker too.

Anonymous said...

Kim,
You are way to nice, I loved your post, thanks for sharing! I am truthfully embaressed about "pluto" but hey the kids loved it!! haha!

Thanks for coming, and THANK YOU sooo much for the pictures, I can't wait to see them all!!! The one of Ryker is sooo cute!!!

Thanks again, you are the BEST!

Talia said...

I know, isn't it crazy how quickly these birthdays come?? payton's going to be SIX!! what the...
anyways, looks like ryker had so much fun! yay for parties!!
xo