Saturday, November 27, 2010

Reflecting.

It's Novemeber...(I guess really it's almost over) but that means it's National Adoption Month.  A month that has had a big impact on my life.  Many years ago it was a November day like any other around here when I saw a BIG yellow sign tied to a bridge I was driving under.  There was only one word on the sign...'Adoption'.  That sign really stuck with me for many reasons.  It was one of the seeds that were planted in my soul that kept me thinking that adoption was right for us.  It only took one brief look at the sign, but it changed my life.  At the time I had no idea it was there because of National Adoption Month, but ever since I have watched for them as I drive during this month.  


If you remember this post or this post you will remember I've shared my feelings about this month before, but it really was a time when my life would be changed forever.  I was trying to remember today if it was October or November when we got to go to an ultrasound with our birth mom!  I will never forget that incredible moment (obviously just the date...haha!) but seriously I was soooo incredibly happy!  I was busy preparing for this miracle baby to come into our lives.  And look at him now....



Okay he actually has a lot less hair now, but look how big he's getting!!  He's almost 4!!!  Really??!!  He's counting the days down until his birthday...and I'm crying inside thinking about how old he is.  It's actually humorous that he's winking in this picture since we were just at the eye doctor this week because of that very reason.  I tell ya getting his hair cut has completely thrown him off.  He's been going through some major identity crisis and we're working through it.  He doesn't do well with change, but I never thought getting his hair cut off would be this hard on him.  He's been throwing major tantrums and crying over everything.  And then he developed this 'one eyed blink.'  I was quite worried that maybe his eyes were bothering him or he couldn't see...or something was wrong.  So we went to the optometrist this week and apparently his eyes are great!  He's just developed a nervous habit.  hmm...change is hard.


I love love love this boy!  He is the busiest little thing, but he keeps me going.  He's full of life and loves to laugh and is always saying the best things.  Last week after my shower I came out of the bathroom in comfy clothes and my hair was all wet...no makeup...and Ryker looks up from watching his show and says "you look gorgeous mom!"  haha!!  That's been his word lately.  Gorgeous!  Today when I asked him about his favorite color he said "purple and pink!"  He makes his daddy proud!  haha!!  He loves baseball and apparently can serve the volleyball really good!  His favorite car is "The King" and it kills me every...single...time it gets misplaced.  It has to be the clean Dinoco because we also have the beaten up Dinoco and he's just not goo enough to play with.  haha!  He's such a smart little boy and is really interested in spelling.  He's always asking us to spell words for him...it's one of those cute yet annoying things when he just won't stop asking.  He loves snacks and smoothies and asks all day long for "a snack and a drink!"  I just love him so much.


I am so blessed to be his mom!  And it was a small part because of a little yellow sign!

K :)


p.s.  I also couldn't post about adoption without saying how amazing Ryker's birth mom is!!  We love you!!!

1 comment:

Penelope said...

Wow! What an incredible story! You must share your story on our Adoption Blog Hop!
http://foster2forever.blogspot.com