Friday, January 14, 2011

evaluating

So today I'm evaluating my goals.  Every once in awhile it's a good thing...otherwise I forget completely about the things I've been wanting to improve on.  It happens.  


I'm doing good in some areas...like finding time to read.  I finally finished reading little bee...which was a good read...and instead of looking through my pile of books to read under my bed I made a trip to Chapters Monday night.  I love buying books.  If only I could read as fast as I'm buying...haha!  


Project Life is coming along...I'm just not very patient at getting my pictures in.  I want it done now.  But I have a year ahead of me.  It's coming though.  The album is all put together and I absolutely love it!  I have it in our living room and keep flipping through the one week that is completed.  :)


I've managed to get a few pictures of myself.  As long as there are a couple it's an improvement from last year.  haha!


Yesterday I finished a little table that I had started back in the summer.  I'll have to share some pictures when it find a home :)


And the big area I need help in is the exercising.  I'm having such a hard time fitting this into my schedule.  I know the gym is out for me, but there has to be something I'm willing to spend time doing at home.  Anyone that has workout equipment at home...is there something you think was worth spending money on?  Like a treadmill or eliptical?  I'm not sure I want to spend money on something like that, but I keep throwing the idea around.  I kind of think I'd use it for the first month or two and then fall back into my routine of not doing anything.  Okay.  Maybe this week I need to evaluate my time and see where I can fit it in.  I think I need to cut some laying around out and fill it with exercise.  hmm....


Today the boys and I made cinnamon buns...gluten free style :)  They are just getting ready to go in the oven and I'm hoping they taste good.  I don't know why I keep attempting to bake gf when Cody doesn't seem to really like the result.  haha!  The boys and I always end up eating the baking and Cody won't touch it.  I try.  :)


I hear a little boy bouncing in his crib, so I should run get him before he pulls everything off the walls like yesterday!  I just can't keep up with these boys...it's seriously been one of those weeks.  That's a whole other post though.....



K :)

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I think it has been one of those weeks in all of our houses!!! I am praying for warmer weather so we can get out and not go totally CRAZY.
Exercise is a hard one with the kids around. I attempted today and it took 2 hours to get in a much interupted half hour workout!
I love my elliptical and I love running outside. The elliptical is nice opposed to a treadmill because I can run outside for free and this gives me a different type of cardio on the alternating days. I find I need to have a running buddy and set up a schedule when you want to go to be sure to do it (I do it when kids are asleep). I also have a love/hate relationship with Jillian Michael's workout videos. They are hard but they sure do work.

I love the idea of evaluting the goals often! Keep it up.

Kendra said...

I don't know you, but I read your blog sometimes and thought I would comment on the exercise portion of your blog!
Like you, the gym is out for me....I need the flexability to work out in the comfort of my own home. While I was trying to lose my baby weight I tried to work out 5 days a week ... and give myself the weekend to recover.
My husband sometimes works long days, so by the time he gets home and everyone fed it's to dark to run ouside. I prefer a treadmill anyways. I find that I burn more calories on it then I do an elliptical in the same amount of time. I also set up my treadmill in front of my tv and just speed walk or run to my favorite shows at night ... or my favorite pvr'd shows whenever. I can't use the treadmill when my daughter is awake though because she likes it and I find it takes more time keeping her away from it then I actually get to exercise.
Like the previous poster, I have a love/hate thing going with Jillian Michaels. Her DVD's get results. I think my favorite is the 30 day shred. From start to finish it's a 27 min. workout. Whenever I start this DVD I make sure I know someone else doing it to and we start together. It's usually my sister, and we report to each other everyday to see if we actually followed through with the DVD. It works because I feel guilty when I don't and she does ;) You can also do this DVD when the boys are around. My 2 year old joins in, or giggles while she watches me :) I'm at the point now where I know the routines pretty good so I mute the tv and follow along while I watch something on my laptop. I know I sound lazy ... but I hate to exercise so any distraction is helpful.
The last DVD I'll mention is The Tracey Anderson Method. She has a post-partum DVD that I found worked well. It was tough but with both DVD's I found that after sticking it out for a week it was much easier!
Sorry ... this comment is a novel. :) Good Luck!

Sarah B said...

i've heard amazing things about P90X. I want to give it a try because I'm struggling too!

Christie said...

Josh does P90X and hes a beachbody coach (which is the program p90x is through). He loves it. Alot of my girlfriends do p90x after their babies are born and they love it cause they lose the weight so fast.

Christie said...

ps. there are also beachbody workouts specifically for women.

http://teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/chalean-extreme-workout

this is a good one.
with any of the work outs that you get from them, you have access to an online support system called wowy (work out with you). Its free to anyone who purchases a work out.

Plus there are suppliments and such you can take to replace meals or two with eat clean and it has over 70 nutrients in it.

ANyway if you want more info ask my hubby! (Josh is an health science major)

Anonymous said...

There's a great one on the team beach body called Slim in 6- you'll see AMAZING results! Kettle bells are also great. You can get them at walmart and do a total body workout in 20 min, so good if you're short on time.