Thursday, February 24, 2011

There must be something missing.

I don't know what it is about blogging, but I always feel like there should be a picture or something more for everyone to see rather than just my words.  I don't know if I feel like my blog is just a little boring without it or what?  But it's definitely one of the reasons I haven't been blogging much lately...there's just not much to show or share.  Well maybe there is lots to share I just haven't gotten around to downloading the pictures to my computer yet.


This week has been one of those weeks that I'd like to rewind and do differently.  If only we had control of those things.  Unfortunately life just doesn't work that way so instead I woke up Sunday to a sick little boy...who had been sick everywhere!  And so that is how the laundry began.  Two days dealing with him and then my own fun began.  I went to bed Monday night with a stomach ache and spent Tuesday in bed.  The poor kids...or maybe I should say 'Lucky' boys got to watch a little too much t.v. and had full rein of the house.  Maguire really enjoyed that part of the day.  He's great at pulling things out of cupboards and dumping boxes.  Really...I think he was loving it!  haha!!  The best part was that Cody came home early from work and cleaned up...took care of the kiddies...and let me sleep all afternoon.  It's amazing what 3 hours of sleep can do.  I love him!!!


Wednesday things were pretty much back to normal.  The boys went to grandmas for a couple of hours while I worked away cleaning things up around here.  There's still a lot to get done.  I think I need to make a list and re-evaluate my goals for the year again.  I get off track so easily.  And with all this cold weather we have been spending most of our time at home...there are no excuses as to why things aren't getting done.  Just no desire to do it.  Does anyone else feel that way???


Ryker and I made a really yummy dinner last night from this cookbook (my favorite!)...Roasted Butternut Squash soup....yum!!!  The other two boys weren't as excited about it and Ryker had a change of heart once there was a bowl of it in front of him, but I LOVED it!  I'm always up for new recipes :)


And today we attempted swimming again with some friends!  I will admit that I was a little bit nervous, but things went really good and I was completely in control as the mother.  haha!!  I might have brought a sucker for each of the boys as a little bribery.....whatever works, right??  haha!!


Tomorrow night we are planning a little family date night.  Not sure what that's going to be yet, but it's fun to do things with the boys and make it a little special.  I've been reading one of many parenting books the last couple of weeks and have really been seeing big improvements lately.  I don't feel like the nagging mom anymore!  Positive parenting is definitely the way to go....I feel more in control and feel like the expert on my children.  I've been really trying to understand each of their little personalities and they way they each work...cause what works for one definitely doesn't work for the other.   I've seen how our bedtime routine has really paid off...and how it can quickly fall apart when we don't follow through.  I've seen how making rules allows for happier children...and how rules are sometimes meant to be broken.  It's coming...it will never be perfect, but it's coming.  Making some simple and difficult changes has really helped me to be more patient and look at things differently.  I love my little family :)



Off to bed.  Completely exhausted tonight.....

K

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Is there a particular parenting book that you love? I am starting to think I need some extra help with ideas on how to deal with our little man!
I am so impressed that the pool went so much better. I always line my pockets with candy when we go places that were a disaster the last time we were there......bribery works!!!
I saw on FB that the flu has invaded again, I hope it is short lived and everyone is back to normal today.