I was cleaning off my computer the other day and came upon some pictures from last summer. A little trip we made to Calaway Park. I couldn't stop smiling as I looked through the pictures...mostly because I was remembering how much fun all the kids had together that day. The weather was a little overcast, but that meant it wasn't crowded! It was the perfect day.
Okay...maybe it didn't start out soooo perfect. Ryker tormented my niece the whole way down...seriously the whole way. He'd pull her hair and do anything to make her scream. It wasn't so fun. And then to top it off Cody had put the kids into the car without shoes! I just assumed that they were wearing shoes, so I didn't bother to throw any into the back. You can imagine how happy I was when we arrived!!! It was probably a good thing that Cody had stayed home...haha! In the little gift shop there was a knock off version of crocs...of course not in either of my kids shoe size, but I found some that worked. Thank goodness. The fun could finally begin!
We had fun :)
I think the only time I came here when I was a little kid was when I was about the same age as Ryker. I have pictures of me on these same boats (I'm assuming they're the same ones...?? or similar anyway)
And we ended the day with the fishing game...a prize for each of the kids...Chelsey.... :) Actually she was a pro at getting the red magnets which won you the bigger prize so all the kiddies wanted her to do the fishing.
This is definitely on our list of things to do this summer...day trip!! Maguire was barely 1 year old when we went last year...so this year will be so much more fun for him. And Ryker is already asking if he can go on all the rides after looking at all the pictures with me.
I know this weather has a lot do with it, but I am soooo completely excited for summer! I want to see the sun and feel the warmth. I want to walk through the grass and play at the park with the kids. I want to eat ice cream without thinking it's too cold outside for a cold treat.... And I want to be able to open my windows, not wear sweaters all day long and walk around in bare feet. Is that too much to ask for??? Maybe I'm feeling this was way too cause we've been sick non-stop the past 3 months. Ugghhh! I'm done. Somethings gotta change...lets hope it's the weather :)
K :)




















3 comments:
oh, so much fun! i want to take my kiddos there. :)
Fun! I can't get over how much your boys have grow since the summer time.
I think every ounce of my body is craving some sunshine and warmth too.
Love the pics! We have gone almost once every year for the past few. The kids love it.
Post a Comment