Today was Maguire's turn to start school! It was mixed feelings for both of us...sometimes he wanted to go...sometimes he was set that he was staying home. For me it was more about sending my youngest off to school and being home by myself. I feel like our little family just began...so how are we already at the point where they are both in school???
Maguire will be attending the same preschool that Ryker went to. I am so happy with this decision since I honestly can't say enough good things about it. This year his class is full so there are even more teachers!! They have a 1:4 ratio which is amazing...so it when we walked in the door this morning it seemed like there were tons of teachers there. It will be interesting to see what it ends up being in the next little while. It was a staggered start so we didn't get to meet everyone in his class.
When I dropped him off he was hesitant to let me leave and since it was a bit crazy around there I went with him to check out the rabbit and play with the toys. He wasn't having any of it...but Ms Cheryl came right up and swooped him off to the back and told me to leave and I was off. Alone. Not knowing what to do with myself. I always love having breaks and know that it's important, but it felt so weird coming home to the quiet house with both boys at school. I was a little lonely.
After cleaning up, doing some laundry and making a few phone calls I still had an hour and a half to kill so I headed to homesense to walk around. The little trip sparked a cleaning frenzy this afternoon...hehe! But when I was leaving the store I saw this mom and son leaving at the same time as me. All of a sudden the crazy wind blew her receipt right out of her hand so they tried chasing it down...leaving her cart to roll away. I watched as they turned around and chased their cart down and kept thinking I should go help...but I didn't. Rude I know...but it gets even better. Then all of a sudden their whole cart tips over!! I really did want to go help, but she looked like she had it under control so I made my way to my car. And of course she just so happens to have a child in the same class as Maguire!! Oh man...now I really feel bad for not helping.
When I picked Maguire up he looked so sad so I quickly went over and asked what was wrong. Apparently he was quite upset that he had to leave his indoor shoes at school...and he cried the whole way home about it!!
Otherwise he had a great day and absolutely loved it! He keeps talking about school and will mention little things they did...and tells me little things about his teachers. I'm just so thankful that he had a good day and wants to go back again.
I'm just not sure I'm ready to let my boys grow up! But if it's going to happen anyway at least they are both completely happy!! :)
K







1 comment:
I am seriously in shock over having my big kids in school too. A few tears have crept into my eyes this week. James was pretty upset about me leaving him at school yesterday (crying and clingy to me) and it was so hard to walk away. He had a great time though and was mad today when only his sister got to go to school!
It scares me when I look at Weston because I know how fast the time truly seems to fly.
Maguire is seriously so cute, his blonde curls just melt my heart.
Post a Comment