Yesterday as I was cleaning up I looked out the window to see my neighbours daughter watering her plants. She loves her yard more than anything and takes amazing care of it. I have watched my neighbour the past 10 years that we have lived across the street as she has planted each tree and each flower...hauled countless wheel barrels full of dirt and built her own fence...deck...you name it. This lady is amazing.
She has the cutest little puppy that my boys LOVE! When Coco is outside my kids are always asking to play with her. On this particular June day Ryker insisted I take a picture of them with Coco...as we watched the boys play my neighbour told me that she was given a month to live. She has struggled for years with a rare form of cancer and knew that when it came back she would not have long to live.
She is a fighter. She is still holding on and even though she is now living in the hospital she is still fighting.
I'm so thankful for her example. For the blessing of good neighbours. And even more thankful for the knowledge I have of this life...that it is not the end.
K

No comments:
Post a Comment