Sunday, October 14, 2012

Catching up on Summer....


The boys were asking the other day why we couldn't be at the cabin...I think their summer was just as great as mine :)


I thought since it's been forever since I've blogged regularly I'd just make a list of some of our fun memories from the summer.  It really was perfect.

Okay....


1.  The first week of our vacation we were joined by Cody and my parents.  My sister and her family were also at their cabin so we took turns planning activities and meeting for the day.  One day we met at Kal Beach...the water is beautiful there!  The kids had so much fun playing and eating ice cream and then we ended the day by ordering pizza and going back to the cabin for supper.  One day we went up to Candice's cabin near Kelwona and hung out at their beach.


2.  Some of the time I was by myself, which I was a little nervous about at first, but it ending up being soooo much fun!  The boys had private swimming lessons at a nearby pool everyday, we'd take our bikes and they'd ride at the skate park after and then we'd eat a picnic on our way back to the cabin.  I loved this week because it meant I could scrapbook at night once the kids were in bed and turn on Downtown Abbey without any complaints from my hubby!  hehe!


3.  There are lots of kids in our community, so the boys made lots of new friends and spent hours riding their bikes.  They even made a bike track in the community, so any chance the kids got they were up there riding.  And when we weren't at the beach we were at the pool.  It was amazing how much more comfortable Maguire and Ryker both were in the water at the end of summer.  They were jumping in the pool and swimming by themselves (Maguire discovered his love of water wings....).


4.  My Niece and her mom came and stayed with me for a few days and we had so much fun.  We spent most of our time at the beach and the pool, but we also went back up to my sister's cabin and we all stayed over night there.  A big fun sleepover!!  My poor niece though got sick while she was staying with us and had to spend some time in bed.  Not fun when you're at the beach!  We also stopped at The Log Barn and let the kids look around and play while we did a little shopping.


5.  I tried to do as many fun things as I could with the boys since we were there by ourselves a few days.  We went to Jungle Mania a couple of times so that the boys could run around and have a little break from our normal routine.  Everytime we went we were either the only ones there or there was maybe one or two other families.  It was a nice break for me too cause they'd just go play and I could sit and enjoy reading!


6.  We also stopped at the spray park a couple of times, played at the park in town, and went to the farmer's market in a nearby town.


7.  Grandma came and stayed with us for a week!  It was fun having company and nice having some help with my kids.  I think we were in bed every night by 8:30...we were sooooo tired!!  The boys were up early most days, so I took advantage of early bedtimes...and sometimes that meant going to bed early myself.


8.  I took the boys to Sky Trek Adventure Park one day and Ryker loved it!!!  Maguire wouldn't do it by himself so I went on the course with him once, but that was as much as he wanted to do.  He sat with me and played while Ryker enjoyed his time climbing.  He was most excited that they had a zip line at the end of the course!!!


I honestly can't wait to spend next summer out there...it was sooooo fun!!!


K :)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

What a perfect summer! That is one of my favorite parts of the country to play.
We stopped at the enchanted forrest last summer and Thomas was already planning a trip to go back to play at the sly trek.....he kept saying that it would be so fun for James but I am positive he is the one that really was wanting to play there!