Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Another Year!


The phone rang at 7:50 am just like it does every year on this day, and I knew exactly who it would be...my Mom! Every year on my birthday she calls me at exactly the time I was born! It's something I look forward to. She then usually tells me details about that day, however many years ago it is...that I was born on a Saturday and that my Dad and the doctor watched cartoons! I never tire of hearing about it! (hehe!) And then today I also reread a letter my Grandma wrote to me shortly before she passed away. My most special letter about the day I was born, how she came to visit and poured liquid dish soap in the dishwasher and filled the kitchen with bubbles!(She actually had to shovel the bubbles out of the kitchen!) I always cry when I read this letter from my Grandma as she compares my personality to these bubbles and expresses her feelings to me about the events surrounding this day. I have also had a few phone calls from family and friends! I even got a call from my Aunt Zee (quite a surprise!) but it's been nice to chat with everyone. I don't really have any other plans for the day since Cody is working and has to go to young men's activities tonight. But it's been nice to have a day to relax and do absolutely nothing!

I found this picture of me on one of my birthdays...I can't figure out how old I am but I'm thinking around 7! I made these crowns and wand for me and my cabbage patch! Oh to be little again! Time sure passes quickly! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kim!

It completely slipped my mind when I saw you in passing at work yesterday...So Sorry! I feel terrible! I am glad that you enjoyed your day. You are very lucky to have a family that loves you so much! I am sure that the year ahead will bring wonderful things to you - you so deserve it!

Saige said...

Happy birthday. Hope it was a wonderful day doing whatever you pleased. Have fun at CKU & NYC. So jealous. Hafta get together & hear about your trip sometime. Best!!!