Friday, April 28, 2006
Falling....
So it's been a week now that Cody has been working for himself and things have been going very well. He's been busy working everyday and has had time inbetween jobs to work on his dirt bike a bit, so he really couldn't be any happier. Yesterday he had a job at a friend's warehouse moving a gas line in the ceiling...they thought he'd be able to get up by using a forklift and an extension ladder. I thought it sounded a little dangerous, especially considering in the past he's fallen out of a loft trying to get onto a ladder. We joked about how bad he is with heights, but he seemed to think everything would be fine. A couple of hours later I got a call from him telling me that he had fallen the 15 feet onto the cement floor.... He claimed to be okay, that he had tried to get onto the ladder (once again) and somehow missed, tried to grab onto the forklift and missed and landed on the cement floor. I laughed at the time (he tells the story pretty good) but when I saw his wounds it made me worry a bit. His arm is cut up and bruised pretty bad and his hip was bleeding and is pretty black, it even tore up his clothing pretty good! The funny thing is that I'm always worried about his dirt biking and what will happen to him while he's taking jumps and trying new things, but really I should be more concerned about his work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tell that Cody of yours to BE CAREFUL!! Glad to hear that he seems to be okay...
gray told me about this! aaahhh!! i laughed too, but it's not funny...these crazy boys!!
Post a Comment