must come to an end! And quite an end it was...for Cody at least. I had started writing a post and then for whatever reason the whole thing was gone...no idea what happened. So now you'll probably get the short version.
Yesterday I got a call from Cody while I was at work, he was with the boys dirt biking, and he told me he had got hurt biking. Of course I panicked, but you never know what can happen to Cody. He's such a dare devil. So I had plans to go for dinner with the ladies from work to exchange our circle journals, and he was on his way to the hospital and wouldn't get there for awhile so I went to dinner for a bit and then met him there later. Thank goodness for the boys...they were so smart to make a sling out of their waster bands. The nurses thought that was great. But I'll back up and quickly explain what happened. He was going on a jump, his back tire went up higher behind him causing him to fall and the bike to fall on top of him. He blacked out for a bit, and when he relized what happened the bike tire was still turning and burning his arm, his collar bone was broken, and he was in pain. He got to the hospital around 7:30 pm and I met up with him around 8:30. We had to wait a long time, and there was a lot of interesting people in the waiting room, but we did see Lindsay Butler (can't remember her married name) and I chatted with her for a bit while I waited for Cody while he had an x-ray. They put his arm in a sling and then the nurse cleaned and bandaged his other arm. The doctor though wanted to check his arm to make sure the wound was cleaned out good cause he was worried about infection. So he took one look at his arm and told the nurse it had to be "scrubbed"...and I mean "scrubbed" with this bristle brush thing on one side and this sand paper sponge thing on the other. So the pain began, the nurse "scrubbed" Cody's arm and was about to bandage it up again when the doctor came in. He looked at his arm again and still wasn't happy, so he started to "scrub" his arm. Ouch! He could see how painful it was, and noticed how swollen his arm was (it was really bruised and the blood was pooling in his elbow) so he told Cody he would have to x-ray his other arm too. Everything came back fine, the doctor "scrubbed" his arm once more...really really good...and then gave us all our stuff to go home. By this time it was 3:30, we were exhausted, Cody could hardly move and just wanted to be home. Recovery will be rough with work and stuff, but those things happen right? Maybe a little more often to Cody than I would like, but they happen. It's a part of the hobby. Next week he has to go see an orthopedic surgeon for his collar bone, but everything should be okay. The bones aren't poking out, there's just a big lump (he broke it in 2 places). The unsympathetic wife that I am has been taking care of him and babying him as much as he likes...I do feel really bad cause I can tell he's in a lot of pain. I just need him to be healthy and able to help me right now. Ugghhh! Boys!
K
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh dear boys and their toys eh?! Hope he is doing okay...I guess it could be a lot worse when you think about it. Wish him well for me.
oh, my goodness...these freakin' boys!! glad he's okay, but, ow!! get better, cody!
sorry to hear about his wreck! i hope everything is going better and that he feels better! OUCH! hope you are doing okay too!
Post a Comment