Saturday, December 02, 2006

Happy Birthday....


Yesterday was Candice's birthday, so much fun! She wanted to spend the day doing Christmas baking (great for my freezer) so her and my mom came over and we made yummy treats all day. It was so much fun, and such a big mess but we had a great system going. We made lots of cookies (shortbread, gingersnaps, snickerdoodles) and then we also made nanaimo bars, these other yummy squares, and these chocolate cookie roll things. I definitely need to be giving some of this stuff away though, cause I know we'll start eating it if I don't. It was a fun way to spend the day though. And then we all went to my parents house for dinner. We had chicken and beef fajitas...so so good. Oh how I get excited about food! Hehe! But it was so much fun to hang out and play games.

This morning I had to be at the church early cause the young women were singing at the Creche. Every year there is a nativity display at the church and I love going to it. This year we got to sing the most beautiful Christmas song. Each time we practice I almost start crying because it reminds me of Christ and his birth. Afterwards I walked around and looked at the hundreds of beautiful nativities that were there. I don't even think I could pick a favorite, they were all so neat. I really enjoyed that time to myself to think about the Saviour's birth and that journay that Mary and Joseph made to Bethlehem. What an incredible time of year when we are reminded of the love that our Heavenly Father has for us.

K

1 comment:

Kristi said...

what a fun idea- to bake all day, with family! love it. one of these years I will come to the creche- my kids are just too crazy- you saw them, you know what I mean!