Christmas was so much fun! We had a pretty quiet Christmas with our new little family...spent Christmas day with both our families...Candice, Brian and Talin for Brunch...and at Karin's house for dinner. But it was just nice to feel like we weren't rushing around a million different directions. Christmas Eve Ryker decided that he didn't want to go to bed...we think he was just too excited for Santa...hehe! So we took turns being up with him, and finally at 5a.m. I decided that if we were up anyway we should just open our presents and then go to sleep after. So that's what we did. And Ryker was spoiled! This little hat was a gift from mommy (daddy loved it, so I thought I would surprise both of them) and hopefully he'll grow into it while we still have winter! Cody spoiled me even though we had agreed not to do much for each other...a pink ipod nano and a new lense for my camera! It was just a great day. I feel so overwhelmed with emotion and so very grateful for the gift of our new little boy.
Before Christmas we had our annual girlie Christmas exchange! I always get spoiled by these two girls. And this year our kids joined the party! Payton and Gabby are so much fun, and so cute! Payton can even say Ryker's name! It was nice to just sit around and chat and open presents and play with the kids. It was A's first time seeing Ryker, with exams and stuff it was just crazy for her and we have just been so busy with family and stuff that it took us awhile to get settled. But I love these girls...and am so grateful to have such amazing friends. It is so nice to have good friends that you know will ALWAYS be your good friends. We've been through so much together, and Tal and A have both been there for me through my hardest times. Thanks girlies! You know I luv ya!
Tal took this picture of me and Ryker at our girlie get together and I love that he's smiling! He smiles so much, and I know that it's probably only the gas...but I like to think he's really smiling. This little boy has brought us so much happiness! I never imagined I would love someone so much in such a short amount of time. We just sit there and stare at him and are amazed at how completely in love we are with him. He is the sweetest thing...so content and happy! I truely feel so blessed to be able to be his mommy, to love him and to always be there for him.

5 comments:
It's nice to see another post from you! I'm checking everyday for updates and more pics of course! Glad to hear that you had a nice Christmas with your new little family. You are very lucky and I am so so so happy for you!! Take Care.
I love that he is totally smiling in that picture! too cute! families are great!
Oh, Kim I'm totally crying right now! I love that picture of you and Ryker...he is so happy with his mama. So so so so sweet. Our Christmas exchange was fun and we need to get together again soon...I miss your baby!
that last picture is soooo cutie! love it.
- niki
Kim-your pictures are amazing!!
Post a Comment