Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bad Night...

So our Valentine's turned into an even more uneventful night since Ryker got sick! He wasn't feeling the best all day, but as the night went on he was getting worse and worse. He's hardly eaten...slept...and hasn't pooped (in a couple of days). Poor little guy! He's so miserable, which makes my life difficult cause I hate to see him like this. Cody took the first shift with him last night and then I took the last half...but he just wouldn't sleep. At 4a.m. I was counting down the minutes until I could call my mom and ask her to watch Ryker so I could get some sleep. I was so tired! So my life saving mother took Ryker for me this morning so I could get a nap...heaven! And this afternoon we've just been laying around. If I put him down he cries...so I've seriously just been holding him. And even then he cries and complains. It makes me so sad to see him feeling this way. We did the brown sugar in his bottle again, so we're just waiting to see if it will help. The first time we tried it he pooped a couple of hours later and was so happy afterwards! Here's hoping it works.

Monday night the ladies from work had a baby shower for Ryker and totally spoiled him! It was so much fun! He got a bumbo chair which I can't wait for him to sit in, a bunch of cute clothes and some books! Totally spoiled! But of course I forgot my camera, so I'll have to post some pictures of the cute decorations when Jan or Pat email me pics. It was cute...they tied everyone's napkins with a soother (so I will no longer have a hard time finding a soother...we have them all over our house!), put bath toys in the punch (so cute to have fish and sea animals floating around) and had a clothes line above the fireplace with baby items pinned to it! It was so nice...the funny thing was that I got lost trying to find Pat's house and ended up being a half hour late by the time I found a payphone that worked since my cell was dead!

Can't wait for the shows tonight! I am loving Grey's Anatomy...so my favorite!!! And it will be nice to just hang out with Cody and Ryker. Thursday nights are totally our hang out together nights and watch t.v. And we can just lay around with Ryker and make him feel better! I might even get some time to scrapbook!!! I've been able to get lots done lately, so I can't wait to share!

K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!! I am so sad that Ryker is soo sick, that is terrible!! Hope he gets better!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

poor little guy...it's hard when you feel so helpless! I know your are taking good care of him though and I hope he feels better soon!!

It was so nice to see you on Monday at Ryker's shower!! He is such a sweetie!!

Kristi said...

I know how you feel. hate when babies are sick! hope he is getting better. sounds like a super cute shower! share some pages!

Anonymous said...

Hope your little guy gets better! Sounds a lot like my Valentines evening!!

Talia said...

hope ryker's feeling better soon...poor little guy! when he starts eating actual food, give him prunes when he's constipated...i've been feeding them to gabby, and holy cow so they ever work!!