Monday, December 10, 2007

Guess Who's 1 !!!




It's hard to believe that Ryker turned 1 yesterday. I have no idea what happened to the little baby that I held one year ago...he's turning into a little boy way too fast!




We had a little black and white themed party...





I didn't go too crazy with the decorations, I just thought it would be fun to do a couple of things. I made this little hanging mobile that I tied to the light above the table. There are pictures of Ryker on both sides of the circles. I have to say...it was hard only picking 8 pictures for this little project considering I've taken about 8000 pictures of his first year!!! It's so easy to do that with a digital camera...haha!




And what would a birthday party be without little treat bags??!! I seriously made these in 2 seconds cause I was running out of time and wanted to have something cute to put some little treats for the little girlies Ryker invited to his birthday. We had invited my parents and my niece and then Tal and Graham and their girls...just a small little party.




And my sister made the cutest cake!!! Ryker loved it!!! And it sure tasted yummy!








I've decided I'm not wrapping his Christmas presents cause he seriously could have cared less... He was excited once the present was opened...he'd come and check it out and play with it, but otherwise he could have cared less. He wasn't even interested in the wrapping paper! Good thing Payton and Brianna wanted to help me unwrap all his gifts! hehe!




It was actually quite an emotional day for us. We watched video clips from the day he was born and we got to talk to Ryker's birth mom which was so special...and of course we just talked about so many memories and feelings from that special day last year....just so many things....I need to go write it all down in my journal tonight and re-read my journal entry from last year....



Thought I'd share one last video clip of Ryker's favorite thing to do today...





Haha!!!




He makes me smile! :)

6 comments:

Jess said...

Happy birthday sweet Ryker! We CANNOT believe that you are a whole year old. Can't wait to see you guys this month. The party looked like a blast! PS Love the first picture of him, what a sweet little boy.

the goodie box girls said...

Happy Birthday, little boy! He is such a sweetie, I too, can't believe that it's already been a year. I love the crawling with the balloons...just get him some more of those for Christmas! haha!!
Payton and Gabby had so much fun at the party, they've been carrying around their treat bags all day and fighting over everything. haha!!
Tali xo

Ashley said...

Super cute decorations and cake. I love the picture mobile.

Anonymous said...

awww - he's 1!!! that's so fun. i can't believ how clean he was with the cake. molly had it in her hair about 2 seconds after we put it down!! i'm ready for a boy!! he looks so cute!!

- niki

Kaitlyn said...

Happy Birthday Ryker! He's such a cutie, and I love that hair!

Andi said...

wow!! A year already...crazy! Happy Birthday Ryker!!

Love the mobile you made kim - so cute!!