Sunday, April 20, 2008

Do you ever?

Maybe I'm the only one who does this??...but do you ever go to someone else's blog and then start checking out thier friends blogs...and checking out their friends blogs??? When I have some time, which isn't very often I love looking at links that other people have on their blogs. A couple of weeks ago I somehow managed to find this really cool site that got me really excited.....and I have to tell you made me want to be a part of. It's a site called "Celebrating Adoption" and what it is is when you adopt a child whether it be a baby or older child within the first year you can contact a photographer on this site who is located near you and they will take family pictures for you for free. You basically get a disc of about 20-30 pictures. I immediately thought it was so great and wanted to be a part of it. 1. because it's a way that I can give back after going through the process myself and I know I would have loved doing this when we adopted Ryker and 2. because I would meet other people and be able to celebrate this exciting time with them....celebrating the blessings that they received and capturing it in a few photos.

BUT....

unfortunately because I don't have a legitimate website and stuff I can't be a part of it...ughh...I've tried emailing and stuff, but have never heard back from them. And they only have one person in Alberta that is a part of it (they have people all over the world) and she lives in Red Deer. That's okay though, I totally understand. It just would have been really neat. But, it doesn't mean I still can't do it. So, I was thinking I could still do it for families that have recently adopted and just do it on my own.


Adoption has really been on my mind lately. We did another presentation today and it went really good. We had lots of questions, which is always nice and gets you excited to see that people are interested and learning from the things we share. We travel with a birth mother specialist who works with birth mothers...whatever their choice is...marriage, single parenting, or adoption. This lady does such a fabulous job. She's the perfect person to be doing something like that...so caring and easy to talk to. She's really sweet. It's nice seeing someone like that working with these birth mother's who are going through such a difficult trial...you just want to give these girls a big hug and let them know that you love them and want to help. What a great thing she does. She spends hours each week listening and talking with these girls, taking them to appointments and stuff...and she does it for free! I'll never forget our birth mom's birth mother specialist (did you follow me on that one?). She was so sweet, and I now she loves our birth mom just as much as we do. She was even there with Cody waiting in the hallway at the hospital when Ryker was born! So cute! I love knowing that there are people out there that care and are willing to help. I hope that I'm always that type of person that would help in any way that I can and do it because I sincerely want to.

This week we get to go and be with our birth mom as she is married!!! I am so excited for her and love her so much. What a blessing she has been in our lives...and how thrilled I am to see the blessing she will receive this week in her life. She has been through so much and deserves to be so happy. I can't wait to see her and give her a big hug. She's going to be the most beautiful bride!!! It makes me cry just thinking about it. I know I'll be a wreck as I sit in the temple and watch her be sealed to an incredible guy for time and all eternity....I'm seriously crying right now...I'm so happy...hehe! We love you :)

I also had the chance this past week to share our adoption story with a lady I've met before...a while ago. And I just really hope it helped. It can be such a roller coaster ride going through so many emotions never knowing what will happen. But I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves each of us and is mindful of us. I have seen many times, not only in my own life but in others lives who I love very much where he has blessed us in ways we never imagined. I am praying for you :)


..okay...enough from me on this topic. On a lighter note I'll share a layout I never got around to sharing last week...







K :)

11 comments:

Talia said...

You are the perfect person to be sharing your adoption story with others...your positive and uplifting attitude must make such an impression on people!
I've loved learning so much about the adoption process through your experiance with Ryker...I know what a miracle it is and how wonderful those birth mom's are who give their babies to couples who are yearning for children.
Have an amazing time at the wedding!!!

Ashley said...

I love hearing about your adoption experiences. I think it would be so cool to be a birth mother specialist/helper. How special for you that you get to be at the wedding of Ryker's birth mom. I hope you have a wonderful time.

s a n s k u :) said...

It really is amazing how unselfish those girls are when they place their babies for adoption. <3

Anonymous said...

I am Ryker's birthmother and i just wanted to let you know how much your comments have touched me, especially yours kim. I am seriously crying right now! In a world where adoption is looked down upon even more than abortion is sometimes, it really helps us birthmoms to see that there are people out there who do support us and are routing for us. It really helps! So thank you so so so much for what you guys said. And thank you Kim for all that you have done for me and all that you continue to do. I cant imagine having my wedding without you and Cody there. It just wouldnt seem right, it would seem as though someone closer than a sister was missing it. I'll see you next week!

Anonymous said...

yes, i call it lost in blog land.
i love hearing about your adoption stories!!!! so touching!!!

jessica said...

I do the blog wandering too. That's how I found your blog, actually! What an amazing story you have with your adoption.

Kristi said...

Adoption is such an amazing thing- close to me, with 2 adopted nephewe, and a sister that was adopted. such a generous thing. love that you share your story! - and I spend far to much time linking blog to blog, then not even having a clue how I got to where I was! madness.

Anonymous said...

I was adopted 28 years ago. It is a beautiful thing and I am grateful everyday.

Christal said...

Kim I didn't know you adopted I'm right there with you our three kids are adopted and we are on the waiting list for number four! Adoption is such a miracle for all parties I loved what you wrote we have had amazing birthmother workers who we've met through our birthmothers amazing people!! We just did an adoption presentation in calgary last september. What a blessing adoption is!! So fun to find people with similar life situation and love the post about adoption how awesome. Have a beautiful weekend !!! ttyl

Christal said...

So browsing through your blog I totally just realized we were at the same adoption conference you guys were sitting at the front of the room to the right?? I was in a polka dot dress and had really blood shot eyes after just having a week of patch testing lol!! Anyway we did our story!
Anyway I thought that was cool~!! Just had to share how we already kind of "met" ! Well always love hearing adoption stories and peoples perspective!! ttyl

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I love checking out your blog... you seem so positive and I feel I know you from just reading your blogs! I , too get sidetracked into blog world as well from time to time... its' a good thing, though!!! I'm so happy for you and your adorable little son, Ryker... what a lucky young man he is to have all the support and love he has... I, too, have an adopted niece and nephew in BC who have met their birth moms. It is such a wonderful thing... ADOPTION!
Diane R.