I just had one of those weekends where everything just seemed off. Saturday morning I did a birthday party for my sister's friend and it was a lot of fun, but after that everything seemed to go down hill. I decided to make some hard boiled eggs and forgot about them while we happily went for a walk and played at the park. When we walked up to the house I thought something smelled really bad...when I walked in the house I figured out it was coming from OUR HOUSE!!! The whole house was filled with smoke and the eggs had completely exploded on the stove. The lid blew right off the pot and there was egg everywhere. We were finding chunks of egg in the living room...the ceiling...all over the cupboards...anywhere you can possible think. And does our house ever smell! Luckily it's been really nice and we have been able to have our windows open, but Saturday night I woke up feeling so sick from the smell I had to get up and open our bedroom window. It's horrible. I feel like we smell bad now...it just seems to be soaked into us.
Sunday we did another adoption presentation and for some reason it was so different than any of the other ones we've done. It was just off for some reason. It always is emotionally draining though, so the nap I was looking forward to was needed. I can't say though that I got much of a nap though cause Ryker happened to wake up and of course Cody was out and couldn't hear anything.
On a happier note....
I just wanted to share this cute bag
Janet gave me that I've been using lately! Makes me so happy! And it's reversible!! And look at the cute little wallet that holds pictures! Very fun!


:)
8 comments:
while i feel bad for you on the whole egg situation, i have to tell you that it totally made me laugh! thanks babes,
- niki
yuck that is awful! Cutest little bag. Glad you have things to smile about too.
Oh man, I am so sorry to hear you had that kind of day. Sounds like something I would do, but you do have a fabulous purse to make you feel just a little better ;)
J
love that purse, do you know where she got it?
When I went to Texas I used my leather envelope to hold my passport and it was PERFECT...totally easy to keep track of, and stinkin' cute, too!
I looked for more at Target, but couldn't find any. Boohoo.
Diddo on what niki said. = :( & :)
Burn tons of candles to get the smell off. I remember when I worked in a sausage factory for two summers I always thought I smelled like sausage but when I asked people if I did, they said nope. The smell just gets in those little nose hairs so you keep smelling it all the time.
Cute bag!
That did make me chuckle but feel bad for all that mess you had to clean up... and the smell. yowza. I am sure you can make it smell fabulous.
yuck- eggs. not nice. hope it is gone now, because I wouldn't want my windows open today. freeeeeezing. I loved your presentation on Sunday. so nice to hear the whole story! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment