Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday.

A couple of weeks ago I packed Ryker up and headed to a nearby city where I had taken pictures in the fall. The Family I took pictures for showed me this really cool old wooden railroad track that you walk right under and so I knew I wanted to take Ryker back there and get some pictures. (thanks Kristi) He of course was not so happy about the whole thing and would not look at me. He hates getting his pictures taken....and of course it has to be one of the things I love to do!! hehe!! But I still managed to get some pretty cute shots. I brought some treats with me and stuck him right up on the beams so he couldn't escape...haha!!







There were sooooo many ants though that I had to work quick. If I left him sitting there for too long they'd start climbing all over both of us. So in some of the pictures you could see little ants on Ryker's sweater...haha! He was happy though trying to squish them!








Sooo...I have a dilemma with Ryker's hair.... I love it longer, but everyone...EVERYONE...thinks he's a girl! What do I do? I do think it should be cut a bit, and he refuses to keep a hat on and I don't want him looking like a girl. I totally dress him in boy clothes (although Cody would argue this sweater in the pictures...he thinks it's too girlie). And I don't want him to have a mushroom cut either.... I think I need to take him to visit Abby. I've tried trimming it myself, but he just swats my hand out of the way...haha! And if he really is annoyed that I'm trying to cut his hair he covers his head with both his hands!!! He's soooo funny.






We're off to the doctor today for Ryker's 18 month check up. I know I always say this, but they grow up way too fast. It's just not fair. Each stage is so much fun and I love everything about it, but I just really want to enjoy it. It scares me sometimes to think that I might never get this chance again...to have a child this little and I want every moment to be remembered. I don't want to forget all the little things that make me smile and that have brought me more happiness than I could ever have imagined. I always tell Cody that I can't believe how much you can love someone....I just have never in my life loved someone like I love Ryker. I love Cody so much, but it's just different...ya know what I mean? Oh...I love my boys!!!




:)

10 comments:

Graham Audenart said...

I think Ryker's hair would look cute all short and spiky. But the long hair is so cute, too! Girl shmirl. Who the heck would say that? Cute pics!!

Tal:)

s a n s k u :) said...

No kidding. I have never thought he looks girley. He's the cutest little BOY. My nephew had long curly hair when he was little and he always looked so handsome. Do what you want to do is my humble opinion.

I got tears when I read about your love to Ryker. I feel the same way about my little girl. <3

Roxanne said...

Even though he isn't looking at the camera....I love these photos. They still tell such a neat story. (more than just a little boy who doesn't like cameras!! haha)
If it makes you feel any better....I have a boy and a girl. He was bald and I thought he looked quite boyish-clothes and all. My daughter has the hair, and of course wears lots of pink. I don't know what it is with people...but both of them have been mistaken for the opposite gender! I just think that people don't look for the obvious clues...you are not alone! This is the one time in his life that you do have a say over his hairstyle and clothes...at least that's my excuse!!
Can't wait to see the layouts you create from these pics...

Christal said...

he is so cute love the pictures hair is always a dilema eh!! Trying to decide what to do with Laurens !! But ryker is so so cute!!

Jess said...

Melt. My. Heart.

Roslyn said...

Kim, Ryker is darling but looks nothing like a girl in my opinion!
Your photos are just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Kim! Can't wait to see what you do with them for your scrapbooks! And he is definitly the cutest little BOY I have ever seen!!:)
~Lindsay

Kristi said...

so fun that you came out here! love it. I should drag my kids back there. I LOVE the last one. good job.

Jamie said...

Great shots! I think the last 2 are my favorites. I was just thinking how I love his hair and that sweater. Then I read where everyone keeps telling you that it needs to be cut. So I went back to take a closer peek... I know I am a complete "stranger" but I have the exact same problem with my little guy. I say leave it long but a little trim around the ears would not hurt. That is what we do for our little Nate Bug and I think his hair is just precious.

Oh and I feel the same way... I love them while they are little. Wish they could stay that way forever. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

those are some GREAT pics! he is such a cutie.