Monday, September 21, 2009

Before and Afters

Before...

Photobucket

I know it's hard to see the before, but Ryker wanted in the pic and who could resist his sweet little smile :) And really there isn't much to see since I was always pulling my hair back. It was getting long...like to my shoulders long...which is crazy for me since I have had shorter hair for as long as I can remember now. It was probably the longest my hair has been since maybe Grade 9!!

and....


After!

Photobucket

Amazing what a hair cut can do to your spirits! After having a baby I felt so blah.... And now...what can I say. It just feels so much better to have a style. I'm loving it short. And loving that it really doesn't take that long to do. Even though I was always pulling my hair back it still seemed to take some time. I have that kind of hair that has natural curl in it, but not the nice curl...the kind that has a mind of it's own. haha!! And look who joined me for the after...another cute little face!

These boys keep me busy...and melt my heart. I just can't seem to kiss and squeeze them enough. Last night when I was saying bedtime prayers with Ryker (he has to say them all by himself) he said "Heavenly Father, thankful for my bed!" and the night before when Cody put him to bed he said "Heavenly Father, thankful for my sippy!" It was so cute and so sweet coming from him. You could tell he was really thinking about what he wanted to say. :) Sweet precious moments!



And...more....


before

On one of my busiest days...I was literally running from one meeting to another and whatever else...I came home for a quick 1 hour break to find my kitchen like this...

Photobucket

You might think a tornado hit!!! But it turned into this....


after

Photobucket

New appliances!!!


We have needed new ones forever. When we moved into our house 7 years ago we brought appliances that used to be my parents...like we're talking 20 years old. They still worked and they were fine for the time being, but of course things started to go on them and it was just time. We found some great sales, which was great since we had to replace everything...the hood fan...the dishwasher...the fridge...stove...microwave. Now it's just getting used to everything. I have to admit I've burned a couple of things...only because I'm not used to how quickly things heat up and how much hotter they are than our old ones. It's been nice though :)



Now onto another busy week :)


K

10 comments:

Jess said...

I LOVE your cut- you look refreshed.
Ok- your baby... he is just SO cute! The hair, the eyes, the lips- oh the lips! And of course Rykers facial expression is just awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Mindy said...

Love, Love, LOVE your hair! And I'm super jealous of those kitchen appliances!

Itworksforbobbi said...

Oh, do I EVER hear ya about the hair thing - I've got the same "not quite the gorgeous curl" thing happening. Your hair cut totally suits you and you can see how happy you are in that pic!

And hooray for new appliances!! They look awesome!

shelleyjanae said...

You always have such cute hair!! It looks super cute. And your kitchen looks fabulous. 7 years... really? Holy cow, time flies.

Roxanne said...

I thought your hair looked good long, but short hair is definitely your trademark!
LOVE that you got new appliances. We just moved this summer, so my "new" appliances are 4 years old. I totally know what you mean about learning to use them. I have the same style of fridge as you...and I love it! Isn't it amazing how the stainless appliances make the kitchen feel new again?

jessica said...

love the hair!!

Sarah said...

Your hair looks great & those pictures of you with your boys are precious!!

Snazzy new appliances! :)

Lindsay Bateman said...

Kim, you look so beautiful! Love the new hair. And your kitchen looks fabulous! Lucky girl! xo

Scott and Tara said...

Cute hair, short hair looks perfect on you! And I love the new appliances! Makes the place look like new!

The Heavenor's said...

I love your hair! haha, and I love the before and after Kitchen pic, classic! Great pics of Jane and your neice too!