Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recipes


Still scrapbooking these pictures :)



I have a big stack sitting on my table, so they are easy to grab when I have a couple of minutes to be in my room.  But I'm not going to talk again about keeping things simple...blah..blah..blah....  I go off on that enough.  No tonight I'm sitting in bed watching a movie and eating pull apart lemon coffee cake...seriously yummy!!  I actually got the recipe after "pinning" it on pinterest.  haha!!  I've made an effort to actually try new recipes this year and pinterest has been a great source.  There are countless yummy pictures with links to recipe upon recipe....


I thought I'd share some of my favorite recipes I've discovered over the past year.  Now some will be gluten free since we generally eat that way, but not all of them.  I'll make sure to mark the gf ones so you can skip over them if you're not interested.


I'll start with some favorite chicken recipes...

Blackened Chicken...thanks Martha for this recipe!!  It's seriously one of our very favorites!  Be prepared cause it is spicy...Cody also likes this seasoning mix on steak.  We love to Bar-B-Que.

Spicy Honey Chicken...I have to say that this site has a ton of great recipes...it's definitely a favorite cooking site for me!  And this chicken recipe is by far one of my very favorites.  I love the chicken the next day cold and cut up in a salad!!

Chicken Tacos...I loved these, but probably wouldn't fry the shells next time.  Less oil smell and I always feel like it's too heavy.  Fryed food just doesn't mix well with me.  But these were really really good!!  And p.s.  I've tried a few recipes from her site and loved them...another great place to check for new supper ideas.


Other supper options

Baked Potato Soup...I love soup.  It's comfort food for me!

Cafe Rio Sweet Pork...this is such a simple crockpot meal.  My family loves it and everyone who tries it for the first time usually asks for the recipe.  I think I would eat this every week if my husband would let me.  There's so many different ways to eat it...salad...wrap...on a bun...taco.  It's really good.

Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls (pao de queijo)...these are gf and so yummy!  They're like a little hollow cheese muffin really.  The whole family loved these!  I think we ate them with soup if I can remember right.  hmm...now I'm trying to remember what we ate these with.  haha!

Home made potato chips and avocado ranch dip...okay...I make home made potato chips alot.  And honestly we love love them.  But the last time I made them when my sister was here I made the avocado ranch dip and it was beyond yummy.  It was so good.  I have an avocado ripening right now that will be perfect for this tomorrow!  Another pinterest recipe :)

Best Ever Potato Salad...that's a big thing to claim, but it's true!  Anyone who says they don't normally like potato salad always always says they love this.  I've made it a few times this past month and every time I had people asking for the recipe.  Thanks again pinterest!


And I love dips!!!

Black eyed pea dip...I loved this, but my hubby doesn't love beans and things like that so he just said it was okay.  Just being honest with you.  I personally thought it was great...and the kids both ate lots so that says something.

Pesto Artichoke Dip...I wanted to make this again the other night, but I couldn't get the lid off the glass jar.  I had bought the really big glass jar of artichoke hearts from Costco...the lid is stuck on good.  And yes, maybe I am a little weak...haha!!


Baking

gf Cinnamon Buns...I can not even begin to tell you how happy I was to come across this recipe.  It is amazing how 'normal' they taste.  I know that sounds kind of bad, but we have a hard time finding baking that tastes somewhat normal when comparing it to items made with wheat flour.  It can be hard when you start mixing flours since you rarely just use one.  This recipe takes some time, but it is worth it once in awhile :)

Strawberry Coconut Cake...of course I adapted this recipe to be gf and it turned out really yummy!!  It was a pretty pink color and tasted great!  A perfect summer cake.

and then of course I mentioned the Pull-Apart Lemon Coffee Cake...which I would say is more like a cinnamon bun kind of thing, just rectangular and comes apart in sheets.  I can't stop eating it.  I love lemon stuff though, but I'm sure you could use cinnamon and sugar instead and it would be just as yummy.


I really need to get to bed though...I'm starting to get hungry and it's midnight.  Not a good thing :)


K

5 comments:

Sarah said...

your LO is really pretty!!

all those recipes sound good.... now which one to try first??!

:)
Sarah

Fiona said...

Kim,
Did you make the lemon pull apart cake Gluten Free also?
How?

Thanks,
Fiona

Kim said...

Fiona...I didn't make it gf since my hubby wasn't around to eat any of it. But it is really like a cinnamon bun...just lemon flavored instead, so you could make the other cinnamon bun recipe I posted which is gf and instead of rolling it cut it into rectangles and bake in a loaf pan. I'm sure it would work...although I'm not a cook. Good luck!

Talia said...

yay, thanks for sharing recipes...you know that cooking isn't my fave thing, so i like using recipes that i know will be good...yummy!

Sheri said...

Wow. Yum. Thanks so much for sharing. I love trying new recipes but I sure love knowing that someone else thought they were fantastic before I try them!