Sunday, October 21, 2012

the temple


Photos taken by Talia Audenart Photography at the Edmonton, Alberta Temple | 2012


Friday night we drove to Calgary to see the new temple!  The kids were beyond excited all week to make the special trip...and I must say I was just as excited.  It was a little rushed when we arrived and the boys had been sitting a long time, so the picture moments were brief.  We arrived just in time to start our tour with my parents, niece, aunts and some friends.  It was a very busy time for tours, so we had the 'walking' tour which meant we got to walk through the temple without really stopping.  It was probably perfect for our kids since they just wanted to go go go.  


As we walked through the doors of the temple my heart fluttered when Ryker whispered to me "It's beautiful!" or when he said "It smells like liquorice...can we come back again?" or when I walked into the sealing room holding Ryker's hand and whispered our story to him of the day we were sealed in the temple and how special it was.  or when I held Ryker as we looked in the mirror and caught a glimpse of what eternity might be like or when I told the boys to quietly feel Heavenly Father's love for them and Ryker whispered back "I feel it!" or when Maguire asked if he could bring a little piece of the temple home with him.


My heart recorded those moments.  It was special.


They may be too young to remember all those sweet moments we shared, but as a mother I hope that I can teach them about the blessings that come from the temple.  I know the peace that comes from being in the house of the Lord.  It is the closest we can be to Heaven here on earth.


 xo






5 comments:

Angela said...

Great photos! What a beautiful family you have.

Christal said...

love it all.

~Love Lis said...

So sweet! I am glad that you were able to go to the temple. We're all so blessed to have the Lord's blessings in our lives!

Allison said...

I think my favorite mom moments happened with Kalea in the temple when we went. I was glad we took the girls when we did since later on in the tours they had the brides' room roped off, etc... I feel like I got special privileges that night!

rebecca said...

Gorgeous photos Kim! Talia did such a good job. :)